help me with ideas for a temple ruins

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
@RUMBLETiGER - think northern Louisiana, actually: http://vishteercampaign.pbworks.com/w/page/69411963/Valentia

But the ground itself being their foe is an interesting one. The whole area is steeped in evil, ancient sacrifices, etc... so it wouldn't be impossible for there to be pools of evil dark something that could congeal around them...
Ah, intelligent oozes then, or sentient water? Blood related threats, perhaps if someone bleeds, their own blood could be controlled by the temple's guardians to be used against them.

AngusA

First Post
Here's a map I created of a partially ruined temple. I imagined there being a partial second floor, though most of it has collapsed onto the floor below, and the tower to the right center has a spiral staircase going up, while the tower on the opposite side has spiral stairs going down. While not a specifically Trickery based god temple - it is a partially ruined temple with access to levels beneath, so it should work for you... enjoy!

View attachment 61241

You may have allowed this, but given the other infringements the campaign has I doubt it. This Kickstarter campaign is using your map.... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/936864518/human-prey-20-level-pathfinder-and-dandd-5e-advent

If you have not granted permission it may be worth raising a complaint with Kickstarter.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher

When I design a dungeon like this, I usually make it revolve around a central theme. Blood sacrifices can be a great theme for the whole temple. Maybe some magical doors can only be opened if the players make a blood sacrifice with their own blood? Maybe they'll face creatures created out of blood inside the temple? Maybe they'll face clones of themselves, but made from their blood?

Maybe the original priests of the temple, drank special blood from animals to gain visions. Maybe the players need to do this, to see things in the temple that they could otherwise not see?

Remove ads