D&D 5E What do you think of this Kickstarter page?

Myzzrym

Explorer
Hmmmm... I feel like the style isn't really fitting with the regular 5e books. I don't mean the content, but the presentation (background image, font and the like).

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The book says 9 new classes, but the page says 16.

Edit: I saw later that you are adding both books together. It's a tad confusing initially, though. Might want to list 9 at the top and then total it to 16 below.

Myzzrym

Explorer
No, we don't copy WotC's trade dress.

I understand about straight up copying, and that's not what I mean. I prefer when the style remains relatively close to the other books I already own (or marries well together), so there is a certain continuity. Here I really feel like it's completely different and it clashes with the existing official material.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I understand about straight up copying, and that's not what I mean. I prefer when the style remains relatively close to the other books I already own (or marries well together), so there is a certain continuity. Here I really feel like it's completely different and it clashes with the existing official material.

Well, the books are already made, using the established EN5ider trade dress (and one of them was released in 2017!) It's the Kickstarter page itself I'm really after thoughts on, rather than the actual books.

Myzzrym

Explorer
Well, the books are already made, using the established EN5ider trade dress (and one of them was released in 2017!) It's the Kickstarter page itself I'm really after thoughts on, rather than the actual books.

Ooops, my apologies. In that case it's fairly straightforward, I think it's pretty clear and the page displays what the book is about, so no complaints here!

dave2008

Legend
Hmmmm... I feel like the style isn't really fitting with the regular 5e books. I don't mean the content, but the presentation (background image, font and the like).

Technically I think you would have to publish through the DM's guild to use the WotC trade dress. They could make it look more similar; however, this is the trade dress the EnWorld publishing has already established for their products.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Technically I think you would have to publish through the DM's guild to use the WotC trade dress.

Yep, the OGL specifically excludes trade dress. Though as you point out, that’s by the by, as we’ve had our own in EN5ider for years.

merwins

Explorer
I'm laughing my class off over here. Sorry. Just didn't notice what dropping the "CL" would do until now for the original book and this one.

Anyway, the classes look pretty cool.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases