D&D 5E Hold Back The Night [OOC]

Jago

Explorer
Looks like we're getting some character sheets in, just had a few things to go over with you folks.

Firstly: This thread. As this was the recruitment thread at first, do we want to keep this for our OOC Thread? I am fine with this and also fine with establishing another thread.

Secondly: Characters. I'd like to see you folks work with each other to establish more of these connections between the party at first. For GM Hooks, I'd like to know if you would like to know (OOCly) what I'm thinking and looking at for these, or if you want them to just be IC surprises.

Thirdly: City Info. There are things I'm working on that will generally be common knowledge about things like The Great End, The Magi, The Towers, and several other facets of City life. I am working up a PDF to share that will be like a Reference Document so when I bring up things like "The Sickness", the PCs and you, my writers, will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Quickleaf

Legend
Firstly: This thread. As this was the recruitment thread at first, do we want to keep this for our OOC Thread? I am fine with this and also fine with establishing another thread.
I vote to keep it.

Secondly: Characters. I'd like to see you folks work with each other to establish more of these connections between the party at first.
Folks can read Fitz Augertorque's background in the character thread for more details, but briefly here are 3 possible connections to other PCs if anyone is interested.

1. _____ suffered at the hands of the golems, perhaps witnessing loved ones dragged from their beds at night by the golems never to be seen again. This will indicate tension with my PC, who once was a golem designer/builder.

2. _____ was humiliated at the hands of Fitz. This has an undercurrent of sexual humiliation which the mage Severen the Gaunt forced Fitz to do, but it could be any kind of humiliation really. This would also indicate a degree of tension, and probably add Severen as an enemy for your PC too.

3. _____ prevented Fitz from attempting to poison the household of Severen the Gaunt and brought him into the fold of our nascent resistance. This would fit a party leader/face type PC.

For GM Hooks, I'd like to know if you would like to know (OOCly) what I'm thinking and looking at for these, or if you want them to just be IC surprises.
Either is fine with me. How about surprises, unless it's something you judge better to discuss together?

Thirdly: City Info. There are things I'm working on that will generally be common knowledge about things like The Great End, The Magi, The Towers, and several other facets of City life. I am working up a PDF to share that will be like a Reference Document so when I bring up things like "The Sickness", the PCs and you, my writers, will know exactly what I'm talking about.
Groovy :) I'm into setting lore, so it helps that my PC was made to facilitate that!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I will attempt to get my own character infomation up by the end of this weekend so we can start working on connections. She's a bard - but I guess you won't know that - working at the only hangout in town where anyone goes to blow off steam. She's their top "entertainer." Leave it there. :p

She's been dragged into the tower more times than she can count. I apologize in advance for any pain my backstory has inadvertently caused or will cause anyone... :-o Her backstory will go over all that.

I am ALWAYS up for good connections, after all the bard knows everyone, right? ;)

Quickleaf

Legend
I am ALWAYS up for good connections, after all the bard knows everyone, right? ;)

Bard: "It just so happens that I have a song for this very occasion."

Fitz: "Your eulogy?"

Bard: "I also happen to have some good tales about the evils of gnomes."

Fitz: "If we're that evil, telling those tales seems ill-advised."

Bard: "Well, spoil sport, at least I have my trusty lute! Let me just tune it up..."

Fitz: "Lovely. It sounds like goblin cats caterwauling."

How do we know each other? Maybe it involved a lute to my head? B-)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Bard: "It just so happens that I have a song for this very occasion."

Fitz: "Your eulogy?"

Bard: "I also happen to have some good tales about the evils of gnomes."

Fitz: "If we're that evil, telling those tales seems ill-advised."

Bard: "Well, spoil sport, at least I have my trusty lute! Let me just tune it up..."

Fitz: "Lovely. It sounds like goblin cats caterwauling."

How do we know each other? Maybe it involved a lute to my head? B-)

Aces. You are so cool Quickleaf :lol:

I'll post up my story by tomorrow night and we'll chat about it. There's a million and one ways we could know each other... including the one you posted in your background if you really want to go there.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Hm, I need to think about how to tangle myself up with you bunch of whippersnappers too...

I loved loved loved your history btw Shay, it was superb!!! I told Jago he's in trouble to have so many fantastic writers up against him for this game ;)

Foxbytes

First Post
So I have Rana's character sheet filled in if anyone wants to peruse, including her backstory and spell selection. I tried to balance against the Druid and Wizard spell lists, though you can never have too much Guidance, but there may still be some duplication with the Bard.

Also I would be interested in being the PC in [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION]'s 3rd proposed character connection, where Rana would have stayed Fitz's hand in poisoning anyone, though she is neither a party leader type nor a party face type. She is a lawful good healer, though.

I also have a connection with [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION]'s character, in that Derngar's father fought alongside Rana's brother in the last great conflict.

As to other connections, Rana may be rumored to be the last known magical healer, outside of the Magi, in the City, if anyone has either heard of her or gone to her for healing. Of course her faith and clerical status would be under wraps due to the forbidden nature of worshipping gods. Her sect of elves would also be very unusual in both physical appearance and in their worship of lesser-known gods so many centuries ago.

But, if any characters, for background reasons, HAVE heard of Rana's tribe of elves, they may resent them and look unfavorably upon them due to their secluding themselves and turning a blind eye to the battles against the Magi, with the one exception of Rana's brother.

Said elves, now having been oppressed and relocated from their fertile lands by the Magi, now work in depleted mining facilities deep underground.

Attachments

• Rana.png
    Rana.png
    334.8 KB · Views: 130

Remove ads