1.0 vs. 1.0a, any legal wizards can answer this?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I think you are reading too much into it.

If your intention is to get rid of them both, and it "costs" you another sentence to do so, you do that with simple and unambiguous clarity, specificity and finality.
You're right; WotC's recent actions have been the very soul of clarity, transparency, and sound reasoning, so I'm sure they never would have done something that could potentially be misread like that.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You're right; WotC's recent actions have been the very soul of clarity, transparency, and sound reasoning, so I'm sure they never would have done something that could potentially be misread like that.

The snark is not constructive. Please don't bring it into OGL threads.

MarkB

Legend
I think you are reading too much into it.

If your intention is to get rid of them both, and it "costs" you another sentence to do so, you do that with simple and unambiguous clarity, specificity and finality.
I seem to recall it having been mentioned in another thread, with clarification that it was indeed intended to encompass both versions, but 1.0(a) seems to be a tough term to search for.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
There was some supplements released under 1.0. For instance I have the parts of the freeport trilogy under that license. I didn't go word for word over it and comparing with 1.0a, but they are extremely similar.

The leaked document referenced 1.0(a) which I gather is most reasonably interpreted as 1.0 and 1.0a. (There are no website I am aware of designated 1.0(a) )
There are even earlier versions, which Justin Alexander of The Alexandrian talked about on Wandering DMs on Sunday. Two third party supplements for 3rd ed dropped on literally the same day as 3rd, I understand- Death in Freeport from Green Ronin and Three Days to Kill from Atlas Games, which used something like OGL 0.2, negotiated with WotC because they were coming out prior to release of OGL 1.0.

OGL 1.0 is here:

When I compared it to OGL 1.0a with Diffchecker.Com, the only difference I found was in Section 7 where the reference to "any Trademark" changed to "any Trademark or Registered Trademark."
Yes, that's what Justin said on the show, too.

Remove ads