• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

100 Iconic Fantasy Magic Items

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Horn of Valhalla (or similar warrior-summoning device)

Horn of Blasting (or similar loud-noise-things-fall-down device)

Foghorn (or any of a host of other devices that generate fog)

Lute of Charming (or any instrument that enraptures the listeners)

Boots/Shoes/Slippers of Silent Movement (can't believe no-one hit this yet)

Ambrosia (nectar of the gods, can make you immortal if you eat it)

Lanefan

DrunkonDuty

he/him
7 League Boots
Slippers of Dancing Until You Die
Iron Toed Boots of Bovver
Horse Shoes of the Zephyr
Lucky Horse Shoe or Rabbit's Foot
Book of Demonic Shoes Sizes

Just making stuff up under pressure, real thinking on my feet.

a lot of items...

I need to spread some XP around before I can give you anymore. But thanks for adding a ton.

For the rest of you, I'm out of XP for today, but thank you muchly. I've got a personal project I'm writing up, and this list is very handy. Plus, it reminds me not to be so stingy with magic gear.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
-The Philosopher's stone, the ultimate goal of many an alchemist, which was said to be the elixir of life, the road to immortality, to be able to transmute lead into gold.

- Runes are sometimes associated with magic or divination.

-Different traditions of divination often have different tools associated with them, such as the divining rod, tealeaves, or the like. In ancient China they used to heat up bones and turtle shells until they would crack, and then make divinations based on which way the cracks would form.

-Housing and architecture can be designed for various supernatural purposes. The Winchester House was owned by the wife of the creator of the Winchester rifles. Really weird place, had doors that lead to nowhere, superfluous chimneys, etc. Sarah Winchester had it under continual construction allegedly to keep the spirits of those who died by the rifle at peace. The mansion is sometimes portrayed as a trap or ward against spirits. Similarly, gargoyles were sometimes said to ward away evil spirits. Feng shui is often associated with influencing the flow of energy (both positive and negative).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads