Secret meetings of Circles
Processions, with trumpets
Hut building demonstrations
Wild dancing around clumps of trees
Sicklewrights' stalls
Mistletoe sellers who tell your fortune

gweinel

Explorer
You can run it like an Agatha's Christi novel.
A knife in the dark and the elimination of a minor but loud candidate. Who would want his death? The oppressive nation? A rival druid? Maybe the obvious suspect is not what is seems. Maybe indeed is a love affair/ a long and not forgotten grievance!

Olive

Explorer
Thanks guys - this is a good one. I meant to say that the culture isn't Celtic as such but more Basque. But a sessions with the airing of grievances is good as are the general encounters. The main conflicts will be the enemy spy and generally figuring out the political situation. My aim is that there will be four main candidates for king:

A representative of the farming tribes on the flat lands (oppressed heavily by the northern kingdom but with the most to lose so moderates)
A representative of the hill tribes (with little actual involvement with the Northern kingdom, but with the least to lose so more militant)
A representative of the small town (largely autonomous but bought off by the kingdom so the least prone to revolution)
A wild card druid, enraged by the oppression of the people who wants to burn the northern kingdom to the ground but then turn his eyes on the southern kingdom too...

And the PCs need to decide who to back and how to gain support for that person (they're outsiders in the main).

So the idea is to have colour and activity - jumping through fires (dex check or get burned but influence for bravery), random fights, spies, etc.

Stag party.

:D

Olive

Explorer
You can run it like an Agatha's Christi novel.
A knife in the dark and the elimination of a minor but loud candidate. Who would want his death? The oppressive nation? A rival druid? Maybe the obvious suspect is not what is seems. Maybe indeed is a love affair/ a long and not forgotten grievance!

I like this one!

Remove ads