13th Age coming to Glorantha

JeffB

Legend
Not sure what I think about this. I am a massive fan of Chaosium RQ1/2 , and early Gloranth.

13th Age reads great. But I have not enjoyed it at the table. Glorantha has become an unwieldy mess since the 1990s.

MarkChevallier

First Post
I've been working on a 5E Glorantha conversion; it's reasonably straight forward. The biggest changes have been to the Cleric spell list, it's pretty much unique per deity. Oh, and the addition of a Shaman class and the excising of the Druid (can't think of a place it'd fit without twisting it around). Glorantha is so very very big, though, I'm pretty much doing *example* faiths and then if my players want to play a, I don't know, Uleria initiate or cleric, I'll write it up then.

I've decided being an Initiate is a feat, like the Magic Initiate feat but a bit more limited (you have to renew your spell at a temple, but the spell can go up to 4th level based on your class level). Other minor benefits are also included, like Sense Chaos for Storm Bull initiates.

Dumnbunny

Explorer
This is very cool. Glorantha has been my favourite setting since something like 1982, and with the astounding Guide to Glorantha out, this is a great time for expanding the player base by adding a popular official system to the mix. The draft outline has some interesting ideas, like an Orlanthi Wind Lord as a class. I haven't gotten into 13th Age prior to this, but I'll be backing the Kickstarter and giving it a try.

Balesir

Adventurer
Well, there was no way I wasn't going to back this...

I'm still a bit leery of levels in Glorantha, but a "Big Damn Heroes" game in Glorantha sounds awesome - especially after playing King of Dragon Pass for some time! As a "make your own story in play" setting I think Glorantha has only got stronger as multiple myths have been expounded and explored over the last couple of decades. The clashing "truths" makes it clear that nothing can be taken as immutable there.

Remove ads