• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1st Edition Collector's Guide

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I am pretty sure that the comics are based after 2nd edition. I collected them, along with the Dragonlance comics that came out at around the same time. The AD&D comics were set in the Forgotten Realms, which were confusing since I also believe they did a limited Forgotten Realms comic. I just out-nerded a lot of people on this site.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I am pretty sure that the comics are based after 2nd edition. I collected them, along with the Dragonlance comics that came out at around the same time. The AD&D comics were set in the Forgotten Realms, which were confusing since I also believe they did a limited Forgotten Realms comic. I just out-nerded a lot of people on this site.
Yeah, that worried me a bit too. The AD&D comics started during 1st Edition (December 1988), and continued into 2nd Edition, so I was tempted to split them across the two guides. Eventually, I decided that because they stuck with the 1st Edition logo for the whole run, they'd be better off all in this guide.

I wasn't aware that they were also set in the Realms though, but I've just checked and you are completely right. I've made a note, and will probably move them to the Realms guide, assuming I ever manage to finish that. :confused:

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Yeah, that worried me a bit too. The AD&D comics started during 1st Edition (December 1988), and continued into 2nd Edition, so I was tempted to split them across the two guides. Eventually, I decided that because they stuck with the 1st Edition logo for the whole run, they'd be better off all in this guide.

I wasn't aware that they were also set in the Realms though, but I've just checked and you are completely right. I've made a note, and will probably move them to the Realms guide, assuming I ever manage to finish that. :confused:

I know it's been said before, but thank you for taking on this grueling, yet awesome, task.

jasper

Rotten DM
YOu have both printings on dmg screen. Maybe a inside shot of the 4 sheet combat and 2 screen psi .
edited to add. the 3rd shot appears to be panels 3 and 4 for the 1st printing 4/2 screens. The 4/2 on the back panels 1 and 4 had the xp charts. And inside had everything you needed if you were running witout psionics. The 2 screen had the Psionics attack/defends table. Maybe add a shot or two of interior side. Shoot me a pm. If can find my camera and screens I send you a shot.

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
YOu have both printings on dmg screen. Maybe a inside shot of the 4 sheet combat and 2 screen psi .
Hi jasper! I'm not sure I quite understand this comment. The links in all of the Collector's Guide go to... well... whatever bit of the world wide web I could find that seemed to have the most useful additional information about that specific item. Those certainly aren't web sites that I put together. (I'm enthusiastic about these lists, but not quite that enthusiastic!) Is there a version of the DMG's screen that I've left off this guide?

the Jester

Legend

For the record, the Avatar crisis figures heavily in the Forgotten Realms comic, and at a different point (maybe the annuals?) it crosses over with the D&D comic, so you can probably use that to help establish an "edition timeline" for the D&D comic if you want to.

Remove ads