• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2007 Judge Selection

Umbran said:
I'd prefer to have a thread (or threads, on mulitple boards) in which peopkle ask questions, and then have someone collect and edit them into a single document for candidates to answer. Post the answers on the Ennies site, linked from the bios.
I think this is a great idea. It was a pain picking out questions, especially in light of the two page argument about the way the ENnies work right in the middle of it.

I did like answering the questions though. For me, at least, they helped me to define my ideas.

Doug Ruff

First Post
Umbran said:
True. But, then what you need is another vounteer. I'll put my money where my mouth is - if someone remembers the idea next year, and the ENnies Board of Directors wants it implemented, I'll do all the legwork myself. :)

Good man!

Doug Ruff

First Post
Hey, just had a thought. Why don't we come up with some more questions now? Maybe start up a new thread. At least then if someone decides to take the idea up, they've got some material to start with.

Anyone up for it?

Beckett

Explorer
One thing about the Q&A boards- the nomination period kind of came out of nowhere. I'd been keeping an eye out for it, and then boom! middle of nomination week. So when I came out as a nominee, there were already question threads up and running, and I felt I had a lot of catch up to do. I imagine it was even worse for those who came in after me.

I hope the Q&As did some good; I know they helped me decide how to fill out my ballot. But, they did seem a little disorganized. A board on the ENnie's site to host the Q&As might work well (and help show that there is more to the ENnies than D20 and ENWorld- after RPG.net, this is the board I frequent the most, but it looks like a lot of the other nominees are hanging around here waiting for the latest news).

C.W.Richeson

Explorer
Doug Ruff said:
Hey, just had a thought. Why don't we come up with some more questions now? Maybe start up a new thread. At least then if someone decides to take the idea up, they've got some material to start with.

Anyone up for it?

Sorry, but I'll pass. There are at least 100 questions already in those four threads for anyone next year to pick out.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
C.W.Richeson said:
Sorry, but I'll pass. There are at least 100 questions already in those four threads for anyone next year to pick out.

And, what questiosn should be asked may well change in a year. The things we find important now may not be interesting then, and new points of interest may arise. Better to ask questiosnbased on current gamer concerns, rather than old ones.

Doug Ruff

First Post
Well, I'm actually looking for the "baseline" questions, like "why do you want to be a judge?" I think that there are some questions that don't lose their meaning over time, and having these in one place would clear the way for the more interesting questions.

Tell you what, since I'm the one who thinks this is a good idea, I'll do the legwork for it. I will try to have something to show you in the next few days.

Kaladhan

First Post
I wanted to be a judge to end world starvation. I really hope that's not the kind of questions people really wanted answered because they will only get politically correct answers.

If you want to know your potential judges, they need to stand on issues. But what kind of issues is there in the RPG industries? There's always Big Press vs Small Press. Amazon.com vs FLGS? Has he ever volunteered for a convention/Game Day/RPGA/Larp?

I would rather vote for someone that supports his local community than someone who buys online from Amazon.com.

C.W.Richeson

Explorer
Kaladhan said:
I would rather vote for someone that supports his local community than someone who buys online from Amazon.com.

I think that, and many other questions, are fine concerns if you're voting for a pleasant leader of the people. I think it's meaningless when it comes to capacity to evaluate products.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads