• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

2018 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - A BIG finish to the year with The Wizard's Tower!

pogre

Adventurer
My previous miniatures thread is about 15 years old with lots of broken links and lost pictures, so I thought I would start a new one.

First up, a trio of Reaper Bones Fire Giants:
mini_01_giant.jpeg

mini_02_giant.jpeg

mini_03_giant.jpeg

mini_04_giant.jpeg

mini_05_giant.jpeg

2018 Miniatures Count: 3

Last edited:

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I've got the second giant in metal and he is heavy enough that in a case with a bit off movement he snapped his plastic base in half. I don't really like Bones but for giants and big figs its great.

I've got piles of D&D, Reaper, & Warhammer Fantasy figs to paint but since getting into Bolt Action I will be surprised if I touch any of that for months. Trying to paint 27 28mm American Infantry by Tuesday. If I manage it its going to be a feat of amazing proportions for me since I'm a very slow painter.

Last edited:

pogre

Adventurer
I agree with you about Bones. I'm currently cranking out some more Vikings for a game I'm running at Winter War Convention towards the end of the month. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll post something above table top quality.

Flexor the Mighty! said:
but since getting into Bolt Action
What scale are you using? I have a ton of Flames of War figures I got in an auction I will never paint.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
BA is 28mm scale. Though you can play it with others. You looking to sell those Flames of War figs? That is another game the Wargame group I found plays. I have a platoon of US bazooka figs for that system but haven't finished them up.

Scary

Villager
I've got the second giant in metal and he is heavy enough that in a case with a bit off movement he snapped his plastic base in half. I don't really like Bones but for giants and big figs its great.

I've got piles of D&D, Reaper, & Warhammer Fantasy figs to paint but since getting into Bolt Action I will be surprised if I touch any of that for months. Trying to paint 27 28mm American Infantry by Tuesday. If I manage it its going to be a feat of amazing proportions for me since I'm a very slow painter.
Anyone know where there are good instruction videos on painting miniatures?

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

pogre

Adventurer
I finished up 4 Vikings. These miniatures are from Saxon Miniatures, which was recently purchased by Warlord Games.
mini_06_viking.jpeg
mini_07_viking.jpeg
mini_08_viking.jpeg
mini_09_viking.jpeg

2018 Model Count: 7

pogre

Adventurer
Thanks. They do not look great in these close ups, but they work well on the table top. I will try to take a picture of all of my Vikings and Saxons in the near future.

pogre

Adventurer
A trio of the new Wizkidz miniatures - a barmaid, a cart, and a dancing woman.
mini_10_wizkids.jpeg

2018 model count: 10

Last edited:

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I painted that cart too, very useful in D&D and European theater WW2 gaming. I like the scale of the Wizkids stuff, not as big and out of proportion as Reaper.

pogre

Adventurer
Here's a trio of diverse figures. First up. crank up your P.I.L. and get ready for some late 1980s Citadel! I present the huge hands of the hunter:
mini_11_hunter.jpeg
mini_12_hunter.jpeg

Next up, is a miniature 25 or so years newer - a Cthonic fountain from the Reaper Bones line. I added some resin in the basin - hard to see from the pics.
mini_13_fountain.jpeg
mini_14_fountain.jpeg

Finally, another golden oldie from the Grendel resin line - the torture rack
mini_15_rack.jpeg

2018 Model Count: 13

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Fine work as always. I've been toying with doing the same thing with that fountain model. What kind of resin or do you just use a two stage epoxy?

Advertisement