• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2018 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - A BIG finish to the year with The Wizard's Tower!

pogre

Legend
3 Clerics and a Mindflayer sculpt

Three very different clerics!

First up is a Templar character / priest from the Warhammer Silver Tower set
mini_71_wfbcleric_01.jpeg
mini_72_wfbcleric_01.jpeg

Next is a pudgy priest from the French game Alkemy
mini_73_alkemy-cleric_01.jpeg
mini_74_alkemy-cleric_01.jpeg

A classic WFB flagellant is the last of our religious fellows
mini_75_flagellant_01.jpeg
mini_76_flagellant_01.jpeg

The last piece is a bit of a Dad Brag - this is a mindflayer my 14 year-old son just sculpted:
sgp_mindflayer_01.jpeg
sgp_mindflayer_02.jpeg

Models completed in 2018: 69

pogre

Legend
2 Dancers and a Mercenary

A pair of Reaper Dancers and a Mordheim mercenary:
mini_77_dancer_01.jpeg
mini_78_dancer_01.jpeg
mini_79_dancer_02.jpeg
mini_80_dancer_02.jpeg
mini_81_mercenary_01.jpeg
mini_82_mercenary_02.jpeg
mini_83_mercenary_03.jpeg

Models completed in 2018: 72

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
New Dwarven Forge and Camels

Howdy! I thought I would share the Dwarven Forge shipment I just got in. Rooms 1 through 6 have shipped out domestically. Even though it's only a part of what I ordered, I really appreciated the DF folks shipping it out right and not charging us for multiple shipments. It's a little late, but within a month, which is pretty good for a kickstarter.

Room One - Zoltar's Gameroom
This room has a variety of pieces, which makes sense as it was the basic buy-in for the KS.
df_01_zoltarsgameroom_01.jpeg
df_01_zoltarsgameroom_02.jpeg

Room Two - Arcane Alcove
Lots of traps here - swinging scimitar blades, a pit trap, and more. The pit trap has a cover so it appears just like any other DF floor piece. With a magnetic stick tool provided you can quickly remove the cover to reveal the spikes below!
df_02_arcanealcove_01.jpeg
df_02_arcanealcove_02.jpeg
df_02_arcanealcove_03.jpeg

Room Three - The Lever Room
The main thing I like about this room is the circular room. The levers and rune trap doors are cool, but the rounded walls will get a lot of use.
df_03_leverroom_01.jpeg
df_03_leverroom_02.jpeg

Room Four - Deadly Corners
This room has lots of pieces that will get heavy use. The crossbow traps and treasures are nice, but the doors with inserts and corner doors will get a lot of play time.
df_04_deadlycorners_01.jpeg
Love this secret door!
df_04_deadlycorners_02.jpeg

Room Five - The Gauntlet
Lots of traps! Probably will not get a ton of use from me, but it is still fun. The nice thing is the abundance of corridor pieces.
df_05_thegauntlet_01.jpeg
df_05_thegauntlet_02.jpeg

Room Six - Acid Bath
This is the room I will get the least and most use of - I will probably never use the acid mat or two-headed alligator, but the elevation pieces will see tons of play.
df_06_acidbath_01.jpeg
df_06_acidbath_02.jpeg

Cannot wait to get the rest of my DF shipments!

Camels!
Finally, you should be grateful I included the DF instead of posting just what I got painted. Here they are in all their glory - 8 Reaper camels! Yeah, I know, boring. However, I am running an AL adventure at a small con in July and it has a camel baggage train. I am also working on some carts for the baggage train.
mini_84_camels_04.jpeg

Models completed in 2018: 80

pogre

Legend
The Bad Fruul Project

*WARNING* Some small spoilers for the Adventure League DDAL05-16 Parnast Under Siege

*Spoiler Spacing*

*Spoiler Spacing*

I am running a few Adventure League modules at a local convention in July. I'm painting as fast as I can to make sure I have everything I need for the adventures. The prime villain in Parnast under siege is a Hill Giant mounted on a mammoth. I could not find a miniature I liked to fill the role - so time for some modeling!

First I purchased a really great mammoth from a British company called DeeZee miniatures. I chose DZ 05 Bellowing Mammoth. For the Hill Giant I went with a Bones miniature from Reaper 77566 Ogre Chieftan. Scale-wise I think it works well as a Hill Giant. The miniature has a lot of character, and because it is a bone, modifying it to sit atop the mammoth will be much easier.

Here the figure are straight out of the blisters:
mini_85_badfruul_a_01.jpeg
The Mammoth and Ogre cost $26 combined. I really was pleased with the mammoth and I will order from DeeZee again.

Next, I carved up the Reaper figure to sit on the mammoth. I fashioned a simple saddle for the mammoth. I also mounted the mammoth on a large base. I have primed the figures and started to block out the giant's skin.
mini_85_badfruul_a_02.jpeg
The WIP pics are from my phone - so forgive the quality.

Here the giant is mostly painted. I had to rush a bit because of the amount of stuff I need to prepare for the adventures. Nevertheless, it looks decent.
mini_85_badfruul_a_03.jpeg

I took a bit longer on the mammoth. It turned out very nicely.
mini_85_badfruul_a_04.jpeg

Here is a finished picture. Tough to get a quality focused picture because of the size of this figure.
mini_85_badfruul_b_01.jpeg

Here they come right at you!
mini_85_badfruul_b_02.jpeg

I love the giant's shield!
mini_85_badfruul_b_03.jpeg

Here is a scale picture, so you can see how massive Bad Fruul is!
mini_85_badfruul_b_04.jpeg

Miniatures completed in 2018: 81

pogre

Legend
Painted a few Otherworld miniatures. The first one is going to represent my PC in a D&D campaign I'm in. Hopefully not soon!
mini_86_dead_cleric_01.jpeg
mini_86_dead_cleric_02.jpeg
mini_86_dead_cleric_03.jpeg

Here are some old school stirges. Need a few more for a quality swarm though!
mini_87_stirges_01.jpeg
mini_87_stirges_02.jpeg

Miniatures completed in 2018: 86

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
How I love Otherworld. I just wish they were more readily available in the States. Though mail order from the UK isn't that bad. Noble Knight will have some but very spotty.

I love stirges and need to get some of those. Nothing better than a PC telling another PC to try and be still as he tries to use a warhammer to remove the stirge from the other PC's neck. "roll to hit. *dice rolls* Oh crap a 5..."

Remove ads