2020 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - Sebeki from Crocodile Game and a Wild Boar

pogre

Legend
Feel free to share some pictures of the terrain and minis. I think plenty of us would love to see it.
A shot from yesterday's game:
DnD_10_12_20.jpg

edit: gaming room is a bit of a mess, which is par for the course honestly....

pogre

Legend
Camera set up? It doesn't look in person....
Main camera is out of view for picture. You can actually see one of my sons behind me getting ready to set the table cameras. Naturally, my two sons are with me, which is key for arranging scenery, miniatures, and cameras.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Main camera is out of view for picture. You can actually see one of my sons behind me getting ready to set the table cameras. Naturally, my two sons are with me, which is key for arranging scenery, miniatures, and cameras.
Do you move the minis for your players around the "map"? I've been thinking of doing this for some of the encounters I run.

pogre

Legend
Do you move the minis for your players around the "map"? I've been thinking of doing this for some of the encounters I run.
Short answer: yes.

For this particular scenario the PCs were returning to Sahuagin lair leading a raid. They were already familiar with the layout of the level from an earlier adventure. A big part of the adventure was allowing the players to see the layout and planning out their attack. So, an unusual situation.

What I normally do is set-up scenes with the cameras in mind. A lot of the time I use less walls to allow for a better view for the remote players.

I have an advantage in that my two younger sons are available to move the miniatures for remote players. They also adjust camera angles and zoom in or out at times to help the remote viewing. It would slow me down a lot if I was doing all of that. If you have at least one player in person you can move the game along pretty quickly.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Short answer: yes.

For this particular scenario the PCs were returning to Sahuagin lair leading a raid. They were already familiar with the layout of the level from an earlier adventure. A big part of the adventure was allowing the players to see the layout and planning out their attack. So, an unusual situation.

What I normally do is set-up scenes with the cameras in mind. A lot of the time I use less walls to allow for a better view for the remote players.

I have an advantage in that my two younger sons are available to move the miniatures for remote players. They also adjust camera angles and zoom in or out at times to help the remote viewing. It would slow me down a lot if I was doing all of that. If you have at least one player in person you can move the game along pretty quickly.
Thanks! Speed was a concern for sure......

pogre

Legend
Update: I have been slowly painting some historical miniatures for French and Indian War. Not of great interest to ENWorld, but I will probably post those all in one big picture for completeness sake.

I contemplating my next big project. Some ideas shaking around in my head are:
  • Sculpting a complete miniature army. Making molds and casting enough to throw down on the table.
  • Sculpting outdoor tiles with different looks for different seasons.
  • Doing something BIG with my HirstArts molds - pretty vague.
  • Creating a new set of cavern tiles and casting them in resin.
Not sure - probably going all remote next week for work - I need a driving hobby goal to help me get through the lack of social opportunities.

Hope all of you stay healthy and well!

Remove ads