2021 ENNIE Nominations and Judges Spotlight Winners Announced

The ENNIE Awards is pleased to announce the 2021 Nominations and Judges Awards! Click here to...

The ENNIE Awards is pleased to announce the 2021 Nominations and Judges Awards!

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.07.20 PM.png

Click here to be taken to the complete list.

Our intrepid judges spent 10 months reviewing all product that were submitted to come to this final list of five in each category. Thank you Amelia, Di, Salim, Shauna and James for all your hard work!

Final voting will take place from August 18th-27th.

There is also still time to sign up to be an ENNIEs judge and nominate your favorite Publisher! Entries for both close on August 14th! These are voted on by fans as well during the same voting period.

Winner will be announced via Live Stream from Gen Con on September 17th at 9pm EST.

Aldarc

Legend
I'm cheering for Brancalonia specifically and Fria Ligan generally. I wouldn't mind seeing Alice is Missing win best rules either.
Normally me too, but this year they are going against Cortex Prime and all the brilliant hard work that Cam Banks and his team did to create an absolutely beautiful product. Cortex Prime, IMHO, is definitely THE product of the year.

Retreater

Legend
nb Chaosium itself did not submit any products for consideration for this year's awards.

"We've won our fair share of ENnies recently – 30 ENnie Awards from 34 nominations in the last five years. We're giving other, smaller, publishers an opportunity, and encouraged the independent creators in our community content programs to enter instead," said Chaosium vice president Michael O'Brien.

Chaosium makes great products (the same as Wizards, Paizo, Kobold Press, Pinnacle, and many others). While I think it's cool to give smaller publishers a chance to shine, I would appreciate seeing some bigger names on the list too. To my knowledge this isn't an Indie award.
I can't vote this year because I've not even heard of most of the nominees. I'm assuming most of the people on these boards are in a similar situation.

Aldarc

Legend
Chaosium makes great products (the same as Wizards, Paizo, Kobold Press, Pinnacle, and many others). While I think it's cool to give smaller publishers a chance to shine, I would appreciate seeing some bigger names on the list too. To my knowledge this isn't an Indie award.
I can't vote this year because I've not even heard of most of the nominees. I'm assuming most of the people on these boards are in a similar situation.
Maybe, but I've heard of a fair deal of these: e.g., Cortex Prime, Vaesen, Heart: The City Beneath, Ancestry & Culture (made lots of traction here when the orcs controversy came up), Brancalonia, Beowulf, Sentinel Comics, etc.

Righteous Blood is by our very own @Bedrockgames too. Congratulations to him on that nomination, by the way.

Interesting list. Some fanatics stuff.

I am surprised to see Planet Apocalypse nominated for best interior art. I was a Kickstarter backer and I am very disappointed with the interior art. I would even go so far as to say, of the last 50 RPG books I have purchased it has the weakest art. Just goes to show how subjective these things can be.

I own several other books from Petersen Games, such as a couple of the mythos sagas, and much prefer their art.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Normally me too, but this year they are going against Cortex Prime and all the brilliant hard work that Cam Banks and his team did to create an absolutely beautiful product. Cortex Prime, IMHO, is definitely THE product of the year.
Sure, but I'm going to cheer for products I use, I guess. Cortex would be a deserving winner too.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads