D&D General 2024 official book release dates...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Honestly, what I find moat likely is that they are dripping the PHB and Vecna same day, which they did wirh Hoard of the Dragon Queem and the PHB ten years ago, and simultaneously to that dropping the new SRD. The date provided I think ia their actual target, but rather than copy-pasta I think there was a missed memo on when dates would be announced.
Your theory is at least possible, but I still don't think that it's correct. I don't think we will see the PHB before July or August.

Heck, I'd LOVE to be wrong! I want it in my hands! I'd like to sell it! But I don't think that I am.

Your theory is at least possible, but I still don't think that it's correct. I don't think we will see the PHB before July or August.

Heck, I'd LOVE to be wrong! I want it in my hands! I'd like to sell it! But I don't think that I am.
That's my feeling too. I'm guessing Infinte Staircase in the next couple of months (anthologies tend to ne released in the spring), Vecna: Eve of Ruin in May (as sort of a last hurrah for the 2014 ruleset in the same way Die Vecna Die was for 2e - it using "Eve" points towards something ending with changes imminent), followed by the core rulebooks later in the summer and fall. I'd expect a new adventure as well toward the end of the year to showcass the updated ruleset.

I'm betting we'll be seeing an event soon, which will start clarifying the release dates, if nor for everything this year, at least for the next 6 months or so.

teitan

Legend
OK. This is going to be a dramatically bigger print run, more expensive books and with a lot more eyeballs on it, and in a different book distribution landscape.

None of us on this thread know for sure what will happen until it's announced and then actually achieved. (The Book of Many Things shows that things don't always go as planned.)

I expect we'll start hearing official word soon, as the book supply chain will need to start gearing up at some point.
They did drop out of Random House recently

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
That's my feeling too. I'm guessing Infinte Staircase in the next couple of months (anthologies tend to ne released in the spring), Vecna: Eve of Ruin in May (as sort of a last hurrah for the 2014 ruleset in the same way Die Vecna Die was for 2e - it using "Eve" points towards something ending with changes imminent), followed by the core rulebooks later in the summer and fall. I'd expect a new adventure as well toward the end of the year to showcass the updated ruleset.

I'm betting we'll be seeing an event soon, which will start clarifying the release dates, if nor for everything this year, at least for the next 6 months or so.

I think if we were getting anything in February or March we'd definitely know that by now.

The Vecna book was described by Crawford and Perkins as "the first adventure using the new rules", so I don't think it's the "last hurrah" for the 2014 rules.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Vecna book was described by Crawford and Perkins as "the first adventure using the new rules", so I don't think it's the "last hurrah" for the 2014 rules.
I think THAT will be simply a matter of opinion. Is it the last adventure from 2014 (seeing as I bet it will be out before the 2024 Core books) OR is it a preview of the 2024 books? (Monsters in it, if any, will certainly be in the new style, for example). YOU DECIDE!

I'm sure we can argue endlessly about it!

mamba

Legend
I think THAT will be simply a matter of opinion. Is it the last adventure from 2014 (seeing as I bet it will be out before the 2024 Core books) OR is it a preview of the 2024 books? (Monsters in it, if any, will certainly be in the new style, for example). YOU DECIDE!
I understood it to mean the 2024 PHB is out by then, I guess we will see how they spin it / whether it is

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Crawford confirms the May release date was wrong and that none of the core books will be ready by May:

“I just want to confirm with you and as well with everyone watching this video - that is definitely not the release date. That was never the release date,” Crawford continued. “In fact, we will still be working on the books in May.”

Source:

aco175

Legend
Does anyone see Hasbro discounting the initial run of core books like Wizards did with 3e since they are printing sooo many books? I tend to think not since there is already a lot of discount places like Amazon. I also see that cutting into profit share for investors.

I would be cool if the volume discount from printing went to a better quality book that does not fall apart. But, then the next printing would not have it and people would complain, so I guess I would rather the discount be passed to me.

Remove ads