D&D General 2024 official book release dates...

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
...is it weird that we don't know any of them yet? Don't we pretty much always know when at least the next book coming out is scheduled to publish?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
...is it weird that we don't know any of them yet? Don't we pretty much always know when at least the next book coming out is scheduled to publish?
The sheer volume of the 2024 rulebooks probably means all sorts of complications regular books don't encounter. And WotC likely wants to time the other books around those, presumably in a "here's the first adventure to run with your shiny new PHB" manner. So even if those are sitting in warehouses already, they can't announce anything until they know the timing of the big three sourcebooks.

I would expect us to have a good idea of when the PHB is coming out by February.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
No, we have never known release dates fir any upcoming 5E books in January. Last January was the first time we evem knew what books were coming.

We did get leaked dates on Twitter in December, however.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
The sheer volume of the 2024 rulebooks probably means all sorts of complications regular books don't encounter. And WotC likely wants to time the other books around those, presumably in a "here's the first adventure to run with your shiny new PHB" manner. So even if those are sitting in warehouses already, they can't announce anything until they know the timing of the big three sourcebooks.

I would expect us to have a good idea of when the PHB is coming out by February.

Do we even know for sure that we're getting the new DMG and MM this year? I had thought that we were, but I see a fair amount of discussion suggesting maybe not?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Last year, we had the release date for Keys from the Golden Vault (Feb 21) in November 2022.
Ah, yes, that did leak on Amazon, and we did get a big announcement of Call of the. Ethwrdeep in late 2021:

Candlekeep Mysteries was officially announced on January 12, 2021 and it was released on March 16, 2021.

But those were all for Q1 releases: the dates WotC posted and them took back suggest the new products aren't starting this year until Q2, however.

mamba

Legend
Do we even know for sure that we're getting the new DMG and MM this year? I had thought that we were, but I see a fair amount of discussion suggesting maybe not?
no, we do not know for sure. We know the PHB is coming for sure, the other two are still up in the air as far as I know

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Here ia the leaked set of dates that we got, them WotC took back very quickly. I would expect something like this, with the PHB in May and the MM and DMG towards the end of the year:

"On Friday, WotC shared a bunch of images of 2024's D&D releases, which included release dates for each book."

• 2024 Core Rulebooks (May 21st)
  • Vecna: Eve of Ruin (May 21st)
  • Quests from the Infinite Staircase (July 16th)
  • Making of D&D (June 18th)

Remove ads