• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General 2024 official book release dates...

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Yes, but they already have most of the 2024 SRD already written. The changes to the axtual core rules per the latest UA playtests are about 5 pages. Given the importance of the SRD to free on ramping to Beyond, that will be a priority this time.

I hope you're right, but I'm skeptical. I can see DNDBeyond getting a free basic rules source that isn't actually an SRD in Creative Commons.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
no idea, have they ever had such large print runs? All I know is that they have not officially committed to a 2024 date and keep pointing out that the 50th year celebration extends into 2025.

Yeah that "It'll be 50 years for 2 years!" language they've been using is a more recent development that makes me think we might not get all the core books in 2024.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I hope you're right, but I'm skeptical. I can see DNDBeyond getting a free basic rules source that isn't actually an SRD in Creative Commons.
Basic Dungeons and Dragons in 2014 premiered before the PHB. An SRD basically makes that out.oded, combined with Beyond. Notice that their accidental announcement said that 5/19/2024 wasn't for the PHB or any book...butnfor the Core Rules. I expect to see the PHB around then, probavly, but getting the finalized updated rules on Beyond and for free will be a priority for WotC to make switchover and future growth smooth.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Basic Dungeons and Dragons in 2014 premiered before the PHB. An SRD basically makes that out.oded, combined with Beyond. Notice that their accidental announcement said that 5/19/2024 wasn't for the PHB or any book...butnfor the Core Rules. I expect to see the PHB around then, probavly, but getting the finalized updated rules on Beyond and for free will be a priority for WotC to make switchover and future growth smooth.

I agree with core rules and DNDbeyond being a big priority. But I think that will be separate thing from the SRD, which carries more complex legal questions.

Remove ads