D&D General 2024 official book release dates...

teitan

Legend
The fact that we have seen zero UA yet for DMG or MM material makes me skeptical that we're getting those books this year (unless they've decided not to put them through UA).
We have an idea of the MM, the Multiverse of Monsters laid the ground work for that. The DMG is arguably the easiest as it is reformatting and adding some bits but I don't think it will be revolutionary or have a lot of changes in it. The revision is supposed to still be compatible with 5e. I can easily see all three books coming a month apart still. They don't NEED a UA.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We have an idea of the MM, the Multiverse of Monsters laid the ground work for that. The DMG is arguably the easiest as it is reformatting and adding some bits but I don't think it will be revolutionary or have a lot of changes in it. The revision is supposed to still be compatible with 5e. I can easily see all three books coming a month apart still. They don't NEED a UA.
The 2024 DMG allegedly has a new system or two in it. They could get definitely get away with one or fewer UAs.

I would be very surprised if the 2024 DMG drops in May. It looks very much like those social media posts were mistaken, given that they were replaced with posts without dates attached. If it comes in 2024, I'd bet the DMG is closer to November.
The supply chain for print books is very volatile at the moment. There is no way to predict what corner of they world the shipping container they would have travelled in will be languishing in in May.

Remove ads