D&D General 2024 official book release dates...

mamba

Legend
Saying it out was a mistake: remains to be seen whether they hit thst date or not.
didn’t they say the releases would be staggered due to the huge print runs? Then giving all three the same date would not just be a mistake of accidentally letting the official date slip before they wanted to

I don't think they will count the full two years as the anniversy year, more like from late January 2024 to sometime in 2025, perhaps 50 year from where the last OG core book was published or late januarary 25 depending upon how generoys they want to be with their idea of a year.

Also pretty sure the MM is done already, might already be printed and in a ware house, no UAs for it, and I think the only DMG thing getting playtested is the Bastion rules. A second try on Bastion rules might come in the next UA or the one after that if there is one after that. If they prove too.unpopular after that, I think they will dump them and put a plan B in its place into the DMG.

Also Rolls for Combat explains in a video why parts of the core books, even the PHB could be printed, before the last UA is finished, leaving just printing the last parts and assembling to be done. I'll find the video later.

And his point that the dates may have been "leaked on purpose".

I also think they will want to release them together if possible so they can release collectible gift set version in a slipcase.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I also think they will want to release them together if possible so they can release collectible gift set version in a slipcase.
They've never done that before. Not at time of release. They do it later. I mean, I think it would be a great idea for the 50th Anniversary too, but it doesn't sound to me like something WotC would care about.

One of the only concrete things that any of us have to go on is that they specifically "humble-bragged" about how IMPOSSIBLE it would be to put the three books out at the same time.

OB1

Jedi Master
I'm still of the belief that the May release date is correct. Here's how I see it shaking out.

May - PHB and Eve of Ruin Hardcover and DDB, MM on DDB only. Eve of Ruin will also unlock all needed monsters on DDB for that adventure.

August- Hardcover MM

September - Hardcover and DDB DMG

Remove ads