• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 215 D&D 5E Character Sheets!

If you haven't checked out the enormous character sheet archive here at EN World lately, you really should. As we close out the year, it's impressive to see that we have amassed 215 different fan-created character sheets! They vary in style and complexity, and there's sure to be one suit any gamer's needs. And that's not all; it's not just 215 D&D 5E character sheets - there are also 47 Pathfinder character sheers, 56 4E character sheets, 76 3E character sheets, even 23 1E character sheets! Below are some examples, but check out the archive for all the 607 character sheets for various games!

If you haven't checked out the enormous character sheet archive here at EN World lately, you really should. As we close out the year, it's impressive to see that we have amassed 215 different fan-created character sheets! They vary in style and complexity, and there's sure to be one suit any gamer's needs. And that's not all; it's not just 215 D&D 5E character sheets - there are also 47 Pathfinder character sheers, 56 4E character sheets, 76 3E character sheets, even 23 1E character sheets! Below are some examples, but check out the archive for all the 607 character sheets for various games!

4587-Character Sheet - generated example (page 1).jpg

DnD5e_BlipSheet 1.jpg

Front Page.png

delericho

Legend
Anyone have any recommendations? I don't have time to go through 215 candidates, so a short-list would be very much appreciated.

DocSharpe

Explorer
I've been using the MorePurpleMoreBetter sheets lately. There's a bit of automation in the sheets, which saves me the need to do a lot of typing. Plus it comes with a spellbook creator, which is exceptionally helpful since it contains blurbs on what the spells do.

Cody C. Lewis

First Post
Some of these are so beautiful. I know it might be a little weird to say that, but man, you can really tell just how passionate some people get about their hobbies.

Very, very cool.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Some of these are so beautiful. I know it might be a little weird to say that, but man, you can really tell just how passionate some people get about their hobbies.

Very, very cool.

Agreed.

Beautiful, well-designed character sheets should be the norm, but of course, it's just not that easy for many games to do. At least us D&D players get to reap the reward of playing "the world's most popular roleplaying game"!

I looked through a few of the highly rated ones, but I'm having a hard time finding one that is right for my needs. :-\

I really liked the appearance of the one pictured at the top of thread, and it had this uncanny ability to prevent my pdf reader from crashing, even while putting a heavy load on it (whatever was done to give it that magical power is a load of win all by itself). However, the automation, while one of the better ones, was really just getting in the way more than helping me. It felt like the sheet was taking up too much RAM. With a more modern system, it may have been a lot smoother. But really, I'm not a big fan of automation in character sheets. If there were a version of it that were unobtrusively form-fillable, that would have really been a great possibility for me.

Some of the other ones I looked at seemed okay, but none of the other ones really were any more appealing to me than the official sheets that I'm currently using--which is kind of sad because I was really looking for something a bit more visually evocative than the official sheets.

One problem that I have is that many sheets seem to give the "wrong" amount of space to various parts of the sheet. For instance, I want a very large amount of space for the race/class abilities section, because I'm not just going to write "Cunning Action", I'm going to write "Cunning Action: Here are all the rules for what it actually does".

On the other hand, I don't need 10 entries for weapons, or space to record NPC's birthdays or whatever.

So, I find myself still searching for the right sheet for me.

pdegan2814

First Post
I've been using the MorePurpleMoreBetter sheets lately. There's a bit of automation in the sheets, which saves me the need to do a lot of typing. Plus it comes with a spellbook creator, which is exceptionally helpful since it contains blurbs on what the spells do.

I'd say it's more than "a bit" of automation :)

I love the one from MorePurpleMoreBetter. It puts a ton of information at your fingertips without feeling cluttered. It makes it incredibly easy to build a character by doing pretty much all the math for you, and auto-loading in race/class abilities that you gain by default, plus offering menus to select abilities like BattleMaster Maneuvers and Warlock Invocations. Plus there's room to track which abilities you've used since your last Short/Long Rest, which can be incredibly handy if your session doesn't end on a Rest of some kind. If there's ANY downside, it's that because I'm entering all the data in on my computer, I've gotta print a new version between sessions if I've leveled up. I'm temped to start bringing a cheap laptop to the games to make full use of the sheet's features. It'll be even better for the game I'm about to start online :)

Li Shenron

Legend
Some of these are masterpieces of artwork...

Sadly tho, I've still haven't found a character sheet that suits my purposes. They are always competing on beauty and completeness rather than practicality. The most common idea is that your character sheet should have everything you may ever need during the game, but this makes it slow to use it.

I would like a character sheet that doesn't work as a complete reference but rather as a fast-to-use "control board", that is minimized rather than maximized. I would like it to look more like a car's steering wheel with a few levers, and less like an airplane's cockpit.

My technical skills suck, otherwise I would have already designed my own...

Last edited by a moderator:

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Wonderful!

I'll try to look through them all soon, but as a shortcut, can anyone point me to one that has the two items I most want from a character sheet on the front page?

1. A LARGE section for listing inventory
2. A place to list each type of coin separately

Remove ads

Remove ads