• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

224 page book on Drow yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyote6

Adventurer
Yeah, if it's FR-specific, I'll probably skip it. OTOH, generic, "core", or even straight-up Greyhawk drow -- that I would look at.

While I would love to see more pages in more books about more stuff, I am in no way going to complain about getting 224 pages about the drow, who I find to be a very friendly and fun-loving race, all said.

Later
silver

Dog Moon

Adventurer
el-remmen said:
If it is Greyhawk drow I'll take a look.

If it is Realms drow, I doubt I'll do that much. :cool:

Considering I don't really know much about Greyhawk drow, why are they worth looking at?

Fishbone

First Post
Bad form, WOTC. Drow were played out years ago.
Personally I want Chondriliths and Driders to hook up and go karate on Drow ass.
Seconded for a book about Ogres/Giants and Fey. Fey have been dying for a good 200+ page treatment for decades. Its more than just pastels and unicorns for God's sake, Fey are pretty hardcore. Lastly a book about Lizardfolk, Locaths, Yuan-Ti, Sahuagin, Kuo Toa stuff like that. Complete Reptile or something. That would rock.

Psion

Adventurer
Dog Moon said:
Considering I don't really know much about Greyhawk drow, why are they worth looking at?

The only real difference between Greyhawk drow and FR drow is that the latter are heavily peppered with a sense of PC entitlement.

Mechanically, no differences. Other than their weapons and armor disintegrate in sunlight for the GH drow if you really want to be faithful. :p

coyote6

Adventurer
Greyhawk drow don't have any renegade good-aligned deities, either, IIRC. I think their renegade deities are all CN, at best.

The naming conventions are somewhat different, judging by published names. "Drizzt" vs. "Eclavdra" & "Do'Urden" vs. "Eilserv", for the iconic examples. My immediate recollection is that FR drow names seem to have more double-consonants & vowels, more apostrophes, and more z's.

The Greyhawk drow might have more "heretics" (i.e., worshippers of gods & demon lords other than Lolth) than Faerun, or so it seems to me. I am probably forgetting bunches of FR lore, though. :)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Fishbone said:
Lastly a book about Lizardfolk, Locaths, Yuan-Ti, Sahuagin, Kuo Toa stuff like that. Complete Reptile or something. That would rock.

So you're not a big fan of Serpent Kingdoms then? Not exactly, but that's probably the best yer ever gonna get.

Dog Moon said:
So you're not a big fan of Serpent Kingdoms then? Not exactly, but that's probably the best yer ever gonna get.

I was just about to say the same thing. Serpent Kingdoms pretty much guaranteed that there won't be a monster book on reptilian type creatures.

Olaf the Stout

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Razz said:
The first thing that comes to my mind as to which monster category deserves a 224-page book would be:

FEY

What's the deal with this? It's been a lightly touched subject since D&D first began and it's a subject many people would actually love to see written about. I don't understand why WotC has yet to do a Fey book.

But, yeah, a book on Giants would be my second wish for which "Monster Themed" book I'd like to see.

Someone once sigged my opinions on a book about fey. I don't think I could remember the exact quote, but suffice it to say I agree that they'd make a good sourcebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads