• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

224 page book on Drow yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

el-remmen said:
If it is Greyhawk drow I'll take a look.

If it is Realms drow, I doubt I'll do that much. :cool:

Ditto.
I don't really care for drow one way or the other-don't hate them, don't love them. They were cool back in the early/mid 80s when they were new, but now they are no better or worse than orcs or kobolds. If I need them, I have plenty of sources to get material for them (starting with the Green Ronin books in particular). If the book has Greyhawk material, I'll pick it up (especially if it has maps and general underdark info).

Pants

First Post
Heh.

I find it funny that there's going to be a 224 page book on a subrace. A fricken subrace, yet WotC puts out a 160 page book on a race of creatures that are almost infinite in variety (Fiendish Codex I). :\

GeorgeFields

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
If you're talking about the 2e mega-adventure "The Night Below," it actually wasn't about drow at all. There was in fact only one drow in the entire campaign.
Really, I must've missed him. I don't recall seeing any drow in it.

Kamikaze Midget said:
Seriously, though, I wonder if Salvatore smiles at least once a week knowing he basically invented a new fantasy archetype? :)

IMO, Salvatore ruined drow. Even though I'm not a big fan of Gygax, I much prefer what he was doing with them in Greyhawk than anything done with them in the realms.

dracolich40

First Post
Felon said:
Ah, the fetid aroma of gamers who see themselves fit to bash other gamers, based on both playstyle and physical appearance. Class act all the way.

An overweight gamer! Say it isn't so! And playing a thin character no less? I thought we'd passed that constitutional amendment against these...

I think the amendment is hung up in committee. So the the 'creepy guy who always plays a hot elf chick' is safe for the moment.

Seriously Felon, your assessment is correct.

Thanks,
Rich

Razz

Banned
Banned
Pants said:
Heh.

I find it funny that there's going to be a 224 page book on a subrace. A fricken subrace, yet WotC puts out a 160 page book on a race of creatures that are almost infinite in variety (Fiendish Codex I). :\

Here here! Preach it! :D

Fishbone

First Post
Fiendish Codex III: Intrinsic Evil, 200+ pages all about Yugoloths. Now that I would buy.
The committee thing is putting stupid images in my head of iconic people in our "culture" making up gaming rules and regulations.
"Geek law!"

rgard

Adventurer
Fishbone said:
Fiendish Codex III: Intrinsic Evil, 200+ pages all about Yugoloths. Now that I would buy.
The committee thing is putting stupid images in my head of iconic people in our "culture" making up gaming rules and regulations.
"Geek law!"

I goofed. Posted that comment under my son's enworld id.

Thanks,
Rich

gizmo33

First Post
Fishbone said:

Me too. But it would have to be 190 pages of recycled 1E/2E material (which hasn't been done) plus this sort of stuff:

"Yugoloth's cities are evil. Yugoloth's treat each other in an evil fashion. They speak in an evil manner and spend their free time thinking all sorts of evil thoughts. They use weapons with wicked spikes and never clean them (see the full-page illustration on the facing page). Yugoloth's sometimes follow laws, and sometimes don't, depending on which is more evil. They favor poisons over tonics, and they cackle when someone falls down."

(Of course this would actually be a summary of an entire chapter of material.)

I've not been happy with WotC's books lately, in case you can't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads