25th anniversary reprint of HeroQuest

darjr

I crit!
Tom of the Dicetower podcast tells of the 25th anniversary edition of HeroQuest. Starts at about 4:40
[video=youtube;1h3W_PGdokU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3W_PGdokU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I've never had the privilege of playing or owning it but maybe now I will

Edit to add a link to their website http://www.heroquestclassic.com/

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
I can't believe it is has been 25 years. I loved that game and I still have some of it. Pieces got lost and I'm not sure if I still have the books to the expansions. This is something I will be buying.

Meatboy

First Post
Heroquest got me into both RPGs and homebrewing, plus for the price you got a butt load of figs. I will certainly be picking it up.

Stormonu

Legend
Heh, just managed to replace the missing bits from my old copy. Wonder if it will be just the base game or with any of the expansions. Or possibly the Advanced version?

...And if they resculpt the minis (like they did with space hulk), I'm so gonna get it.

Lindeloef

First Post
Oh god, I am starting to save money for it.
That game I played to death when I was a kid. I mean I still have the original flying around, but its quite beat up and some of those Miniatures were victim of me, trying to paint them.

Scorpio616

First Post
Looks like they won't have distribution rights in the US but will ship to the US and they'll have English rules,
Actually it is sounding like Gamezone won't be shipping to the US, just letting web sellers get it out of the country.

Hmm, I would have hoped Gamezone had been in business long enough not to try something like that. I've seen some crowd funding campaigns taking foolish actions, but directly violating distribution terms is as unprofessional as playing fast and loose with copyright law and whining when the C&D arrives.

And Holy Crap, those components sound high end! This sucker is sounding like it will be at or above the Ebay going rate for the old game.

EDIT: And Based on what i skimmed on Dakka Dakka, it sounds like they did not so much acquire the rights for this, more along the lines of they can seemingly use the name through their countries laws.

Let's see who pounces faster, GW or Hasbro...
gatto-pop-corn.png

Last edited:

Scorpio616

First Post
Oh no...

That does not sound good.
It kinda depends on the laws of your location on buying counterfeit merchandise, those are not usually as punitive as for making counterfeit merchandise. But on the other hand, one would also be importing counterfeit goods so there might be further penalties just for that. Now commissioning such an item through a patronage system, sounds like jumping into very murky legal waters.

Last edited:

Remove ads