28mm small dinosaurs!

Kunimatyu

First Post
Hey guys,

I convinced the Wargames Factory folks that sprues of 28mm small carnivorous dinosaurs would be totally sweet.

Finding Large, Huge, and Gargantuan dinosaurs for prehistoric games is easy, but Small and Medium guys are a pain - a sprue of small dinos would solve this problem in one fell swoop.

If you like the idea, go to the site and preorder (it costs nothing) -- if the sprue hits 50%, we get to see 3D concept art!

Kunimatyu

First Post
Preordering at this stage costs nothing.

Preordering at the second stage (ie. right before they use the money to buy the sprue mold itself) is $1 per sprue.

Total cost for a sprue of 4-6 dudes is $4 to $5, so a boxed set ot 20-25 minis is around $20, slightly cheaper than a box of Games Workshop plastics.

I'm super-interested in the dinos, but there are a bunch of other awesome sprue ideas on that site that could be useful to RPGers -- I'd imagine most of us could put Vikings to good use, for example.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Thanks Hendrix - it seems that someone else sent a message to a lost-world mailing list from TMP, too, so it seems like word's getting out!

It's at 5% now, too, after less than 24 hours! That's pretty good! :)

rgard

Adventurer
Hey guys,

I convinced the Wargames Factory folks that sprues of 28mm small carnivorous dinosaurs would be totally sweet.

Finding Large, Huge, and Gargantuan dinosaurs for prehistoric games is easy, but Small and Medium guys are a pain - a sprue of small dinos would solve this problem in one fell swoop.

If you like the idea, go to the site and preorder (it costs nothing) -- if the sprue hits 50%, we get to see 3D concept art!

Thanks, I pre-ordered the dinos and one other sprue. I like the idea, but there are so many potential sprues to pre-order. Does the vast number of ideas prevent any one idea from hitting critical mass?

Thanks
Rich

How tall do you expect these to be? Aren't the "Tubes" dinos a pretty good deal?

Figures & Replicas

That's kinda what I thought... it's not hard to find dinos of the right size at all. Most dollar stores have bags or tubes full of them. :erm:

I mean, they look cheesy, but the price sure is right. And bigger dino models aren't necessarily better unless you get them at the museum gift shop.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Mark and Hobo - I like the "tube" dinos, but they all tend to be Large size figures. These guys would be Medium (maybe Small but I doubt it) and shorter than a human.

Maybe something like this:
Deinonychus-scale.png

Remove ads