28mm small dinosaurs!

justanobody

Banned
Banned
It might matter if anything minis wise was to scale in the first place, but sadly some companies cant even figure out how to make dwarves shorter than humans, so why should dinos bother.

I just need to figure out how to work dinos into a D&D game again.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Thanks, I pre-ordered the dinos and one other sprue. I like the idea, but there are so many potential sprues to pre-order. Does the vast number of ideas prevent any one idea from hitting critical mass?

Thanks
Rich

Zombies are doing quite well, as are Vikings and maybe a WW2 German Rifle Squad.

It *is* a bit overwhelming, but still really cool that a minis company is even doing this.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
I don't want to short-circuit the idea, but if anybody needs Medium bipedal dinos now, the latest DDM expansion has a velociraptor-like (a la Jurassic Park, not the fossil record) mini that is both pretty decent and Common. You should be able to get them in pretty much any number for less than 50 cents each.

(It's called "Guard Drake," BTW, but believe me ... it's a dinosaur.)

Kunimatyu

First Post
Yeah, I've got some of them - they're okay, and a little on the big side, with too-short tails. They're decent generics, but they don't really fit any of the theropods in the Wargames Factory list - the neck isn't long enough for a Troodon or Coelophysis, the jaws aren't weird like a Masiakasaurus or birdlike like Oviraptor, and it doesn't have the tail or talons of a raptor.

I do realize that some folks may be perfectly happy plunking down a Guard Drake, but I think these will be better -- especially since Wargames Factory's lead sculptor (who's apparently chomping at the bit to do these!) was a dino sculptor for a decade.

Remove ads