D&D 2E [2e] Monster Mythology Update Project

AuldDragon

Explorer
Originally published in Dragon Magazine #298 for 3rd Edition, Keptolo the Eager Consort offered a nice alternative to Vhaeraun and Selvetarm for male drow living within the matriarchal societies of Lolth-worshipping drow, and had some connections with another deity I plan to work on Zinzerena. Further, he had no strong connections or contradictions with other material, so he was a great candidate for writing up as a 2nd Editions deity. Enjoy!

Jeff

AuldDragon

Explorer
The next of the Princes of Elemental Evil is Ogremoch. The least subtle of all of the archomentals, the Stone Tyrant seeks to inspire and create a great juggernaut of evil who will spread destruction throughout his home plane and many others, although as yet none of his attempts have met with his own satisfaction.

Jeff

AuldDragon

Explorer
Just in time for Valentine’s Day comes Shami-Amourae, the Demon Princess of Eros and the Lady of Delights! Originally appearing in Dungeon #5 and updated to 2nd Edition with the Dungeon anthology The Road to Danger, Shami-Amourae is much like the succubi she claims dominion over. In 3rd Edition she was supplanted by another tanar’ri, but that figure does not appear in any 2nd Edition sources that I could find, so I stuck with the Lady of Delights as described in the above two products.

Jeff

Cleon

Legend
In 3rd Edition she was supplanted by another tanar’ri, but that figure does not appear in any 2nd Edition sources that I could find, so I stuck with the Lady of Delights as described in the above two products.

Yeah, I'd stick with the Lady of Delights over Malcanthet, the tanar'ri who "supplanted" her and is a newfangled 3E creation who debuted in Dragon #353 (March 2007).

There's a 3rd Edition version of Shami-Amourae in Dungeon #148 but it bears little resemblance to the AD&D version and is WAY weaker.

If the official stats for 3E Shami were comparable to her 1E/2E incarnations she'd obliterate Malcanthet with her high level spellcasting abilities.

AuldDragon

Explorer
Yeah, I'd stick with the Lady of Delights over Malcanthet, the tanar'ri who "supplanted" her and is a newfangled 3E creation who debuted in Dragon #353 (March 2007).

There's a 3rd Edition version of Shami-Amourae in Dungeon #148 but it bears little resemblance to the AD&D version and is WAY weaker.

If the official stats for 3E Shami were comparable to her 1E/2E incarnations she'd obliterate Malcanthet with her high level spellcasting abilities.
I don't really have anything specifically against Malcanthet, but when I was preparing for this project and found the writeup for Shami and then say she'd been supplanted, my question was "Why? You already had a perfectly usable queen of the succubi, why retcon it?" :)

Jeff

Cleon

Legend
I don't really have anything specifically against Malcanthet, but when I was preparing for this project and found the writeup for Shami and then say she'd been supplanted, my question was "Why? You already had a perfectly usable queen of the succubi, why retcon it?" :)

Jeff

Yup, it does seem a bit like reinventing the wheel.

Remove ads