D&D 2E [2e] Monster Mythology Update Project

dave2008

Legend
Powerful enough to claim the title of Prince of Demons, Demogorgon is a foul lord of of the Abyss who has achieved true divinity. Favoring the intelligent shallow-water rays known as ixitxachitl, he focuses on domination and the draining of life energy from victims in order to increase his own power.

Jeff

Thank you as always for the hard work. Demogorgon is one of my favorite creatures in all of D&D. I do have one question about the avatar though: why not go with the 200hp in the Monster Manual (1e at least)?

AuldDragon

Explorer
Thank you as always for the hard work. Demogorgon is one of my favorite creatures in all of D&D. I do have one question about the avatar though: why not go with the 200hp in the Monster Manual (1e at least)?

Avatar hit points are determined by Class hit dice and Constitution, so I was following that; if his avatar is less powerful than his earlier true manifestation, well, that's a tradeoff for becoing a deity, with the advantage that an avatar's loss doesn't do much to him other than take time to reform. Besides, some of the deity and unique creature stats in 1e are really, really inflated, IMO. :)

Jeff

dave2008

Legend
Avatar hit points are determined by Class hit dice and Constitution, so I was following that; if his avatar is less powerful than his earlier true manifestation, well, that's a tradeoff for becoing a deity, with the advantage that an avatar's loss doesn't do much to him other than take time to reform. Besides, some of the deity and unique creature stats in 1e are really, really inflated, IMO. :)

Jeff

Thank you for the clarification - I wasn't aware that was how the avatar hit points where determined.

AuldDragon

Explorer
Eshebala the Vixen Queen

As Queen of the Foxwomen, Eshebala the Vixen Queen embodies the same vain and shallow obsession with beauty and material wealth found in that lycanthropic race. She has a decidedly cruel streak as well, and seeks to destroy things and creatures she has n further use for, or that which she cannot acquire.

Jeff

AuldDragon

Explorer
Damh the Horned Beast

Child of Titania and Oberon, Damh the Horned Beast (pronounced DAV) is the revelrous patron of satyrs and korred. Despite his love for wine, women, and song, he is the physically strongest member of the Seelie Court, and the first to come to defense of sylvan lands.

Jeff

Last edited:

AuldDragon

Explorer
Daragor the Wolflord

The bloodthirsty and rapacious patron of werewolves and seawolves, Daragor the Wolflord is a wanderer who delights in nothing but sating his bloodlust. While he wanders the Lower Planes butchering the fiends and travelers he finds there, he sends his avatars to do the same on the Prime Material Plane.

Jeff

dave2008

Legend
The bloodthirsty and rapacious patron of werewolves and seawolves, Daragor the Wolflord is a wanderer who delights in nothing but sating his bloodlust. While he wanders the Lower Planes butchering the fiends and travelers he finds there, he sends his avatars to do the same on the Prime Material Plane.

Jeff

I nice living embodiment of savagery. Thank you for sharing and all the hard work!

AuldDragon

Explorer
Naharra the Mother-Mare is the final member of the small centaur pantheon mentioned in Dragon Magazine #105, and rounds out the family group that serves Skerrit. She is the centaur deity of lover, motherhood, and fertility, and as a deity of family, represents the ancestor spirits that many centaur shamans contact for advice.

Jeff

AuldDragon

Explorer
The smallest member of the Seelie Court is Caoimhin the Kindly (KOO-ev-inn), patron of the little killmoulis. He is a timid and grumbly deity who is keenly aware of his own weaknesses, but has an inner strength where his friends and allies are concerned.

Jeff

Remove ads