D&D 2E 2E Spell Conversions

Kerrick

First Post
Continual light is pretty much the same as daylight now, except for the duration.

Write - renamed to scribe.
Wound Bind - not sure what this one does, but there's a spell on the WotC site
called quickbind.
Teleport Object - in the PHB (3.5).
Dig - renamed to move earth.

Here's a conversion I did for boneblight...

Boneblight
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Clr 5, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fort negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
Bone blight is an evil, deadly curse that erodes the bones of any chosen creature in range. If the Fort save is failed, all the bones in the creature’s body slowly begin to dissolve, eventually reducing it to a quivering mound of formless flesh.
Except for experiencing a strange tingling at the time of casting, the victim is not immediately aware of the spell’s effect (making it even more insidious). In the short term (from the moment of casting to the first full day), its bones become brittle, greatly increasing susceptibility to crushing attacks or falling damage; the victim takes double damage from these.
In the mid-term (lasting 1d6+1 days from the time of casting), the victim's bones become even weaker, and may break under the slightest amount of stress. All attacks are considered lethal damage, and bludgeoning or crushing attacks inflict quadruple damage. In addition, each time the creature is struck it must make a Fort save (DC 20) or lose 1d2 Dex and 1d4 temporary Con in addition to the damage inflicted. These lost ability points cannot be healed with rest, but only through spells.
In the terminal stage, the victim’s bones finally dissolve. The spine, skull, and rib cage collapse, bringing a slow and painful death.
This spell prevents natural healing. Magical healing slows, but cannot stop, the terminal stage. Every 10 points of magical healing prolongs the intermediate stage for one full day, to the maximum of one day per point of the victim’s (original) Con score. The slow erosion can be halted only by remove curse followed by heal, remove disease followed by a successful dispel magic, heal followed by restoration, or a limited wish, miracle, or wish. Once the spell has been broken, hit points can be healed normally or by magical means.
Material Component: The bone of a creature that suffered from osteoporosis.

It's from the Complete Book of Necromancers, BTW, as is throbbing bones. You can also find them in the Mages' Spell Compendium.

ciaran00

Explorer
the Jester and others... did anyone convert the 2e Wizard spell Chaos? I really hate to dump it completely, though at present it has a few balance issues. Anyone have any suggestions?

ciaran

the Jester

Legend
ciaran00 said:
the Jester and others... did anyone convert the 2e Wizard spell Chaos? I really hate to dump it completely, though at present it has a few balance issues. Anyone have any suggestions?

ciaran

Hey ciaran!

No, I haven't done it; iirc it's basically a mass confusion, so I'd prolly just make it 7th level (mass is about a +3-4 level adjustment on most spells) with one target/level.

Remove ads