D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] buff spell option?

Lela

First Post
ruleslawyer said:

This is incorrect. Persistent Spell was +4 levels in the FRCS as well.

FRCS p. 37

"[F]our levels higher. . ."

Dangit, the Rules Lawyer is right again. Will the madness never cease?

:p

DonAdam

Explorer
I'll just be using the d20 Modern version: flat +5 bonus to any one score, but for one minute/level (d20M might have been 10 m/lvl, but that's still the whole day for many adventures). You pick the ability at the time of casting.

Abraxas

Explorer
The game my group will soon be starting is condensing the physical buffs into 1 spell and the mental buffs into another. Each spell has a duration of 10 min/level (cause we don't have trouble keeping track of time), gives a flat +4 bonus and a character can only have one mental and one physical stat buffed by these spells at one time.

Destil

Explorer
Dosn't work for me. The argument against the long durations is that the're 'always on'. A long cast time won't affect that.

One idea I had:

Keep the short duration. But drop the casting time to a free action ("this spell can be cast as a free action, like a quickened spell, and counts towards the 1 quickened spell/round limit"). The biggest problem for the short duration is that you'll need to spend an action to cast them or use them (very soon) before the fight, and it's often not worth it.

Or just make it a 10 minuit / level spell. Nice, easy compermise.

Last edited:

Remove ads