S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Yeah, Forbiddance no longer forbids, it just smacks the party around for a lot of damage.

My players consist of 2 LG, 2 NG, & 2 CG, so they too a fair amount. Though, they still just waltzed in. Of course, they then immediately got into combat with the Quoth Marens and the 2 Vampires, which took down the Monk with damage & level drains.

Also didn't help that most of the wizard's spells were summoning and movement spells. They decided to retreat after making it to Velina & Velasta's chambers.

As for what needs to be converted, Very little of the NPCs need much upgrading. Some spell list tweaking, but that's mostly it. (Solom needs to be fixed, since Archmage underwent some changes).

For Irae's protection of castle maermydra, I'd suggest just using an altered forbiddance, like it worked in 3.0. Just chalk it up to spell research.

The Bebiliths took out the party's rogue back in 3.0, so it's nice to see their CR got upped in 3.5.

But, for the most part, the changes affected the players only.

I still had to go through the entire mod looking for errors in the stat blocks (which there were a lot of them). They seemed to be going with the 25 pt buy and just forgetting ability point increases at 4th, 8th, etc. Also the problems with unintelligible decisions for armor and equipment on some NPCs (if I remember correctly, they put full plate on a character with a 10 str?)

But, for the most part, it was just error corrections and minor tweaking.

Remove ads