D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Converting City of the Spider Queen

Wraithdrit

First Post
Hey all,

As you may already know (story hour plug follows) I'm running the City of the Spider Queen, as detailed in my story hour (click the link below... :D ).

Anyways... I'm looking at the conversion of monsters and was digging through the pdfs they released and noticed the demon from CotSQ (Maurezhi?) is in the Fiend Folio. According to the pdf the FF used most 3.5 rules and need only slap on DR to make a creature 'compatable'. So can some one that owns the Fiend Folio look at it and the CotSQ module and see if the stats are the same?

If not, clue me in to the changes.

Besides that the main thing that looks like it could use some enhancing would be the Quth-Maren. They seem a little light for their CR, so any comments on how to/whether or not to convert them would be appreciated.

- Wraith

sithramir

First Post
I'd suggest looking at the conversion guide posting from WotC to see where DR was changed and how or theres a post here listing the DR's for most HD creatures. That way you could easily update the monsters. Everything else is similar except some skill points mostly. I'd suggest adding some hps to a monster if it looks a little too weak for its CR and it should be very similar to 3.5 stuff.

Use another form of undead with approximately the same CR then. Just make them look like and sound like the quth-maren. The players don't need to know the difference *evil grin*

Wraithdrit

First Post
I was talking in email with someone who saw me post this, and he gave me a couple of really good alternate ideas as well, so thanks to all who pitched in. I think this will be fine. I'll just check feats and skill points, convert the DR and check hit points.

- Wraith

Wraithdrit

First Post
Some swapping of monsters is really all that was discussed. I would tailor it to the flavor of your game. My game has a definate outsider influence, so Kurgoth will probably be a pure demon and not a half-fiend.

Things like that. Don't want to discuss too much... players around and all.

- Wraith

Kae'Yoss

First Post
That's what the usual tag *MY PLAYERS STAY THE HELLS OUT OF HERE!* is for :D

And if you think they look nonetheless, do the same thing they did in Diablerie (Diablo 2 for D&D): write a little sentence like "If I so much as suspect that any of my players have snook in here and took a look, I will double the monsters in every encounter (without giving more treasure or XP, of course)"

Remove ads