RPG Crowdfunding News – ZWEIHANDER RPG, Adventures in the Household, and more

This TTRPG crowdfunding sampler covers projects that end between April 3 to 10.

This TTRPG crowdfunding sampler covers projects that end between April 3 to 10. This week, you’ll discover the latest version of Zweihänder, a 5e version of Adventures in the Household, the second edition of Low Fantasy Gaming, a digital TTRPG, B/X, and OSE offerings.

ZWEIHANDER RPG Reforged Edition.png

ZWEIHANDER RPG Reforged Edition from World of Game Design
  • END DATE: Sun, April 7 2024 10:00 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Zweihänder
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $48 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book, character sheets, and STL files
  • ADDITIONAL REPORTING: Read “ZWEIHÄNDER Reforged: Talking With Daniel D. Fox (World of Game Design)
  • TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: ZWEIHANDER RPG Reforged Edition: Session Zero is free at DriveThruRPG
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? A new version of the award winning Zweihänder RPG is live on Kickstarter. This project is backwards compatible with Grim & Perilous RPG, Revised, and the Starter Kit rulesets for Zweihänder. Using a d100 variant, Reforged is a dark fantasy world of “gothic horror, low magic, survival, and a dose of the eldritch.” In the Reforged Edition, you’ll get the full ruleset including faster combat options and easier damage tracking, both improved from the prior versions. As well, the book details the game's world of violence, heresy, and lost ancestries. When talking about Zweihänder, a frequent topic of conversation is the game’s inspiration, Warhammer Fantasy. To that subject, the campaign page states: “That's where our roots are, and even though we've moved a lot of the mechanics into new territory, the atmosphere will be very similar, with plenty of nods to one of the greatest games ever made.” The Reforged Edition rules take the project further from its inspiration. Designed to make the game clearer and more accessible to new fans, this version promises a cleaner ruleset than prior iterations. On top of that, if you’re a designer interested in creating third party Zweihänder content, there’s a license linked on the campaign page.

Adventures in the Household 5E.png

Adventures in the Household 5E from Two Little Mice
  • END DATE: Thu, April 4 2024 5:59 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: €29 for all three PDFs and the soundtrack
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? The whole world is a large, abandoned regency-era house, and you play as the Littlings, the tiny folk that live there. Taking the ENNIE Award nominated Household RPG, this campaign converts the game into a 5e sourcebook. Setting-wise, the game is a little like The Secret of NIMH, but without mice. How small are your characters? Imagine your city is in the bathroom, your whole metropolis; that’s how tiny they are. That means spiders and snakes are mighty giants of destruction. You’re living in a mystery house that begs the question: Where did the “bigs” go? If this interests you, on the campaign page there’s a link to the free quickstart rules.

Tales of Argosa.png

Tales of Argosa from Pickpocket Press
  • END DATE: Sun, April 7 2024 5:40 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): “Familiar d20 based system”
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: AU$136 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book, cards, and dice
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This is Low Fantasy Gaming 2e with new rules and an original title, Tales of Argosa. Described as “Sword & Sorcery inspired Emergent Play Adventure Game, for groups or solo,” this book provides over 270 pages of rules, monsters, and GM tools. Gameplay includes using a Deck of Signs, oracle dice, and activity dice to keep the story and results unique to your experience. This game takes the basics of a d20 system and focuses on keeping the power curve under control with limited levels, fewer HP, roll under stat checks, roll over combat, and more. If you’re looking for a d20 feel without the higher level distractions, this TTRPG might be a good fit for your gaming table.

The Contract RPG.png

The Contract RPG from Sapient Snake LLC
  • END DATE: Wed, April 10 2024 10:46 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $34 for the PDF and POD discount coupon for the core game plus 4 scenarios
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This “digital Tabletop RPG” exists as a fully realized game with a website and tools right now. This campaign takes the digital rules and tools and makes them available as a core rulebook. You play as a contractor brought together with other freelancers to defeat supernatural adversaries. The game allows for easy player entry and exits, including rotating GM duties. If the idea of a digital toolset and a book for your table of supernatural investigators sounds fun, this campaign is worth checking out.

BX Advanced Bestiary, Vol. 2.png

BX Advanced Bestiary, Vol. 2 from Third Kingdom Games
  • END DATE: Wed, April 10 2024 11:23 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Old-School Essentials
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $15 for the PDF and POD discount coupon for the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This project expands on the monsters from the classic B/X roleplaying game. With the second volume in this series, you’ll get monsters starting with letters E to K, each given more details and lore for use with any B/X or OSE project. In terms of monsters, you can look up the exact list, but if you want to get an idea of what the content will be like, check out the preview of Volume 1, which is available for free at DriveThruRPG.

The Village of Bray.png

The Village of Bray from MDNTWVLF
  • END DATE: Fri, April 5 2024 1:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition and Old-School Essentials
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $15 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book plus additional PDFs
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This OSE (or 5e) adventure brings a cryptid to a strange fantasy setting, one with moon fruits, a dry mine cave-in, and unusual monsters. This is a 44-page adventure with 5 new monsters and 2 NPCs. It leans into the idea of a detailed, not quite run-of-the-mill fantasy setting where unusual deaths are occurring, and you have to solve the crime. If you’re interested in more clues, check out the campaign page.

The Long Road Home.png

The Long Road Home from Plane Sailing Games
  • END DATE: Wed, April 3 2024 3:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £25 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • ADDITIONAL REPORTING: tabletopjess talked this project on her podcast: “Not DnD | The Long Road Home
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This project is about the epilogue to the epic adventure your character is returning from. You’ll journey home, tell the tale of your amazing deeds, and hope that when you get home, life is as you remember it. This book gives you the rules to create the setting and decide what grand adventure you undertook. But the point is going home; will you find happiness or miss the thrill of adventure? Will there be triumph or tragedy? If your campaigns never reach the final scene, this may be a good way to tell that last trek as the heroes head home to find what comes next.

Planestrider's Journal for Level Up A5E and D&D 5E.png

Planestrider's Journal for Level Up A5E and D&D 5E from EN Publishing
  • END DATE: Thu, April 4 2024 6:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Level Up! Advanced 5th Edition and Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £40 for 3 PDFs and VTTs
  • DISCLAIMER: EN World is a subsidiary of EN Publishing
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Level Up! Advanced Fifth Edition has a new sourcebook that opens up other planes of existence for your gaming table. 30 planes to adventure through with details covered in the 260-page Planestrider's Journal and the 50-page Captain Cobalt's Codicil. Does your gaming table want to travel to another plane? Then this project is for you.

Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, Noble Knight Games’ Affiliate Program, and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG, Noble Knight Games, and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

This time I couldn't imagine the Household "getting on the cart", joining to the club of settings adapted to 5e. If it works and they make a lot of money I will be very happy for them. Maybe even they could appear in D&DBeyond.

I wonder how would be household in a royal palace, or a military stronghold, with new PC species and factions. Maybe there was a zoologic park in the city and exotic animal escaped.

A very interesting idea. A simple sparrow would be a kaiju for the PCs.

Lalato

Adventurer
Here are the 5e Campaign Setting and Adventure Path crowdfunding campaigns I'm keeping an eye on right now.

Closed and Funded:
Closed:

Open and Funded:
Open:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Agree with @Retreater a bunch of creators making great stuff!

I wish I played OSE, Third Kingdom's Bestiary looks sweet. Same with Household 5e.

Contract RPG: I did laugh at the phrase in the image of "become anything, even a haunted EMT" - if I was going to choose the most outlandish PC concept that included "anything", haunted EMT would not be very close to the edge of that spectrum :ROFLMAO:

(I was a player in a GURPS game where the GM said - you can use any book, no disads limit. So our party had an intelligent dachsund who could speak his thoughts via speakers implanted in his chest; an ambidextrous character with a 25 skill in short sword (25 is VERY HIGH in Gurps) but dumb as a bag of rocks; and a sentient floating carpet. Oh - and my character was an air elemental magic user who had a head, one foot, one hand, and nothing else based on an image from a Weekly World News called Stumpy the Earth Mage (we never figured out in my backstory why he was called "earth mage" but only used air spells). I wonder if Contract supports those types of PCs?)
Edited to add - I found the source of that character: Courage, your name is Stumpy

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads