D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Errata Reporting

ThirdWizard

First Post
DMG page 224 under Brilliant Energy Description

It says it negates Armor bonuses to AC, but not Shield bonuses. Since shields now give shield bonuses instead of armor bonuses, it should have changed as well.

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Drawing Ammo

PH, page 113, column one, Ammunition: When using a bow, a character can draw ammunition as a free action; crossbows and slings require an action for reloading.

PH, page 142, column two, Draw or Sheathe a Weapon: Drawing ammunition for use with a ranged weapon (such as arrows, bolts, sling bullets, or shuriken) is a free action.

Not sure if this need errata or not, but it sure can be confusing at first glance. I can draw a bolt as a free action, but the crossbow requires an action to reload? Same with the sling? And what shoots shuriken? I thought they were like throwing daggers?

Re: Drawing Ammo

Dr. Zoom said:
And what shoots shuriken? I thought they were like throwing daggers?

Woot! The shuriken sling is here! I've got my "Terminator" full plate +5 of Heavy Fortification, now all I need is a few rad grenades and a couple of them there Jokaro digital weapons.

(FYI: Warhammer 40k has a weapon called a shuriken sling)

Re: Re: Drawing Ammo

kigmatzomat said:
(FYI: Warhammer 40k has a weapon called a shuriken sling)

Unless they changed it they were:
shuriken pistol - sidearm
shuriken catapult - main rifle
shuriken ballista (heavy shuriken catapult) - heavy support

- Ma'at

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Saeviomagy said:
Slings require an action to reload? WTF?
Yes, a move action to be precise. But you can draw the bullet as a free action. :D

Also, you add your Str to the damage roll, as if they were thrown weapons.

Last edited:

Grayhawk

First Post
Regarding shuriken and slings

Reading further down on p.113, it states that shuriken are treated as ammunition even though they are thrown weapons.

In the sling description p.121 it states that loading a sling requires a move action (maybe to balance out that slings now get strenght bonus to damage).

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Wulf Ratbane said:
The DR defeating weapons is another great example. Good catch, Eric...

Wulf
Actually, there is a mention of all weapons having 5% chance to be made from a special materiall IIRC.

Rav

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Oh, I made a comment which lists some errors a week ago:

On page 133, it is described that the "typical mounted soldier" uses a Light Lance, which no longer exists, and "conscripts" use a Halfspear, which also no longer exists.

Remove ads