• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Errata Reporting

drnuncheon

Explorer
Re: Errata I noticed, some sent to Kim

theskees said:
I reported these to Kim Mohan.

Do these seem like errata to you? If they do, I'll email them to her tomorrow.

To avoid potential embarassment:

Kim Mohan is a guy.

J

Ondo

First Post
Re: Errata I noticed, some sent to Kim

theskees said:

DMG ???, Intelligent Items and random weapons
The description of intelligent magic items changed in 3.5, yet the roll for random magic weapons still use a 3.0 version, with far more than a 1% chance of intelligence.

On p. 216 they still have a 15% chance of intelligence. On p. 223 the equivalent table has no chance of intelligence. Definitely errata. I'll let you report it.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
This is the SRD rather than the DMG but I suspect the error is there too.

Magic Items IV, page 10 lists the cost of a bless weapon scroll at 100gp. Since the caster level of a fourth level paladin is only two, that should be 50gp instead. (And it would then give a reason to have scrolls of bless weapon instead of the more generally useful oil of bless weapon which is also listed at 100gp).

Mr. Patient

Adventurer
Here's a couple more:

DMG p. 48, under Multiple Monsters and Encounter Levels: "The Monster Manual entry on ogres shows that they are CR 2."

That was 3.0; now they're CR 3.

DMG p. 208, on Epic Druids: "The druid may have a maximum number of animal companions equal to twice her class level, as normal."

I don't think this statement makes sense under either 3.5 or 3.0 rules, but perhaps I'm mistaken about that.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Just reported this:

The Zombie template (MM pg 266) does not list the DR 5/slashing special quality, despite all the sample zombies having it.

Cheers!

am181d

Adventurer
Re: Re: Errata I noticed, some sent to Kim

drnuncheon said:
To avoid potential embarassment:

Kim Mohan is a guy.J

And now the thread has errata!

You'd think they could release these discussion boards in beta, so that we catch these things before they go live...

Number47

First Post
The thing that is starting to truly bug me about finding these errors is, I'm not looking for them!

The Truly Horrid Umber Hulk is listed as having a better AC if flatfooted.

I also think that the gaze attacks of creatures are not being explicit enough to mention that they are something other than yet-another supernatural power (that would take a standard action to activate versus one opponent).

MM, pg. 237

On pg. 316 it says: "A swarm composed of Fine or Diminutive creatures is immune to all weapon damage."

However, on Pg. 237, under "Bat Swarm - Diminutive Animal (Swarm)", in Special Qualities, it says "half damage from slashing and piercing."

The other Diminutive creature swarms have "immune to weapon damage" - except for the Spider Swarm, which has no mention of weapon damage at all.

It's also kind of strange that the Hellwasp Swarm has "damage reduction 10/magic" in addition to "immune to weapon damage." What would the damage reduction apply to?

The Spectrum Rider

Selganor

Adventurer
I just sent these to Kim

DMG p. 208

The Epic paladin still turns at level-2 but the "normal" paladin turns at level-3.

Bard Listing in DMG

The bard level 1-9 is only wearing light armor but he's still listed as having an arcane spell failure.

Remove ads