D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Half-Celestial Changes?

Fedifensor

Explorer
Well, I got my 3.5 PH from Amazon yesterday, but the other two books are still in the possession of UPS (which is closed weekends, so I can't pick them up from the location that they're sitting in - a half-hour drive from my house).

I have a Half-Celestial/Half-Human Paladin NPC I need to update for my home campaign, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they made any changes to the template. For example, are they still without DR (even though the Celestial template grants DR for a lower level adjustment)?

hong

WotC's bitch
A half-celestial retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following special abilities:

- Daylight (Su): Half-celestials can use a daylight effect (as the spell) at will.

- Smite evil (Su): Once per day a half-celestial can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (max +20) against an evil foe.

A half-celestial with an Int or Wis of 8 or higher has two or more spell-like abilities, depending on its HD, as indicated on the table below.

1-2: Prot evil 3/day, bless
3-4: Aid/ detect evil
5-6: Cure serious wounds, neutralise poison
7-8: Holy smite, remove disease
9-10: Dispel evil
11-12: Holy word
13-14: Holy aura 3/day, hallow
15-16: Mass charm monster
17-18: Summon monster IX (celestials only)
19-20: Resurrection

A half-celestial has all the special qualities of the base creature, plus the following special qualities:

- Darkvision 60'.

- Immunity to disease.

- Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10.

- DR 5/magic (if HD 11 or less) or 10/magic (if HD 12 or more).

- A half-celestial's natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming DR.

- SR equal to the creature's HD + 10 (max 35).

- +4 racial bonus on Fort saves vs poison.

Fedifensor

Explorer
Thanks, Hong. Looks like they got a significant workover. With the +4 level adjustment, they really needed something to compensate for the lower HD. SR and DR fill that role nicely. They also got rid of the total immunity to certain attacks, which needed to happen.

Er, they still get the same stat adjustments, right?

Dthamilaye

First Post
Still same stat adjustments (4, 2, 4, 2, 4, 4)

BUT they are now always +4 Level Adjustment instead of +3.

On the other hand, they always have wings now. (No 75% chance anymore).

Notify that with H-C template, the HD means also class levels. Ie, H-C/ranger 5 can use all the spell like abilities of the H-C up to cure serious wounds etc and they have SR of 15. (If somebody wants to whine, check the paladin example at page 145)

Remove ads