D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] How does Scrying work in the new edition?

Esiminar

Explorer
I've been intrested about this from when I saw it first mentioned some months ago. So, how is it diferent?

Last edited:

XCorvis

First Post
From what I understand, it involves a will save of some kind by the target. Beyond that, I'm not really sure. I think the information is probably in the Scry spell, so maybe someone could post a summary.

Dimwhit

Explorer
I've heard the same thing. To scry, you use the spell. The subject gets a Will save. If he suceeds, he can't be scried again for 24 hours.

Something like that. This is one of the few changes I really like. I always thought the Scry skill was a colossal waste of skill points, but I always felt obligated to put some in there for my Wizards for some inexplicable reason.

Dimwhit

Explorer
I also heard that Scrying allows for certain spells to be cast through the Scry. Greater Scrying apparently allows for a great number of spells to be cast. And possibly some other stuff.

By nature of being a higher level spell, Greater Scrying will already have a higher DC for the Will save. I haven't heard one way or the other if it gives more on top of that.

Dr. Zoom

First Post
From another thread someone with the 3.5 books said that both have Will negates saving throws. Scry has a casting time of 1 hour and a duration of 1 min/lvl. Greater Scry has a casting time of 1 standard action and a duration of 1 hour/lvl, plus you can use more spells with it than you can with Scry. That's all I remember.

Remove ads