D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5]Need help with a character concept/idea -- QUARTERSTAFF

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
The Shillelagh idea is a good one, and I initially liked the idea of a Ranger/Druid (mostly Ranger), until I realized the armor restrictions.

Basically, I'd have to be wearing leather armor, and I don't think a melee fighter will last very long, even with the Two weapon defense feat.

I forgot to mention, my character will be played in a fairly low-magic campaign, and I don't expect to find many items.

Any other suggestions?

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Druid/monk sounds fun. Granted, your BAB won't be the greatest, but you get coolness points for being the weird guy living in the forest who beats things with a stick. Double the coolness points if you're an old man.

Edit: Triple coolness points if you're blind.

Last edited:

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
Have you considered taking all 3 classes. If your DM lets you ingore the mulitclassing restrictions of the monk you could primarily take the monk class and periodically add levels of ranger and druid. Upto say Monk 12/ Ranger 4/ Druid 4 or mix in fighter for Monk 12/ Ranger 3/ Druid 3/ Fighter 2. This would give you an intresting nature slanted character. Your AC shouldn't be to bad in a low-magic campain and with a high Dex and Wis it might be the highest in your party.

If you want to you could aruge the TWF and Furry of Blows stack since the is no provision in the rules preventing them from doing so and the base mechanics are compatible. This would allow you to get a relatively large number of attacks. (NOTE: There has apparently been some sort of Email based response from "The Sage" that says they are not stackable but that gives no rule basis for this stance)

Benben

First Post
Spatula said:
You also get full strength damage on the extra attacks.

Doh! I completely spaced this. The full strength on FoB makes the monk multiclass very attractive. The lack of full BAB is the greatest hindrance here.

Edit: The one post I didn't spell check has a spelling error.

Last edited:

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
With the full STR bonus, maybe the best way to make this character would be Druid 2/MonkX (?)

The DM I'm going to play under plays by the rules, no dropping Monk hindrances or anything like that.

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
krunchyfrogg said:
The DM I'm going to play under plays by the rules, no dropping Monk hindrances or anything like that.

I have used the OA altered monk for so long it seems kind of unresonable to me that they took so many of the OA changes and kept the relic multiclassing restriction.

Darklone

Darklone said:
Yeah, I'd start with 3 levels druid and go monk from there. Monk gets Improved Trip... :D

To cite myself... 3 levels of druid, or monk1/druidX.

Since you wanted to go the stylish quarterstaff route, I'd say monkX after druid3.

You gonna love those level2 spells ;)

Remove ads