D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] New Spellcraft Use

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [3.5] New Spellcraft Use

Metallian said:
Of course, if your character needs a Spellcraft check to detect a Fireball after a saving throw...well, he probably has some big problems! :D

I think any problems aside from being burned to a crisp are extraneous at that point. :)

Nail

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [3.5] New Spellcraft Use

Metallian said:

That's an interesting idea, so I went and checked...it looks like Scry isn't strictly "targeted," so I don't think this new use of Spellcraft is applicable to Scry attempts.

The Metallian

If it was, Scry has all sorts of ways to detect it now. First the save, then the Int check, then the spellcraft check! Eeesh! No more scry-buff-teleport for you!

smetzger

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [3.5] New Spellcraft Use

Metallian said:

Yeah, it was the lack of a "Target" entry that led me to that conclusion. D&D often uses terms like "Targeted" in a pretty specific manner (like in Potion-making rules...that's why we couldn't make See Invisibility potions in 3.0, but we can now), so I assumed that was the case here.

eerh....

I realy wish they would put things like 'target' and the named bonuses in italics so you can pick them out quickly.

Metallian

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [3.5] New Spellcraft Use

smetzger said:

eerh....

I realy wish they would put things like 'target' and the named bonuses in italics so you can pick them out quickly.

You know, that would be a really good idea. Many "game terms" are also common words.

The Metallian

Metallian

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: [3.5] New Spellcraft Use

Nail said:

If it was, Scry has all sorts of ways to detect it now. First the save, then the Int check, then the spellcraft check! Eeesh! No more scry-buff-teleport for you!

Exactly...that's another reason why I'm going to interpret "Targeted" that way. :D

The Metallian

Remove ads