• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Online Campaign Look for Players

Grimslade666

First Post
New Players Wanted for Online 3.5 D&D Campaigns

Starting at first level. You will be joining a new campaign.

I use modules from several different relms and mixed them all into one Realm; along with my own touch and additions.

Im fairly new to being a DM with 3.5 rules, so bare with me and help me out too.

My campaing is a combination of Hack/n/slash and puzzle solving. I leave the level of role play up to the players.

We play on Saturday 1:00 PM pacific time till 5:00 PM. Starting as soon as we have enough players.

We play online using KloOge software. You don’t need to buy anything. Klooge is cool you can have maps, images, counters, online character sheets, sound effects, visual effects, fog of war and much, much more. You have to check it out.

Download at:
http://www.kloogeinc.com/download.html

Once Klooge is installed do the Klooge tutorials at:
kLoOge.Werks Tutorials
1.Do the Tutorial on Dice Panels - Revisited (32:25, 84.6 MB) 5th from the top of the list.
2.Do the Tutorial on Add Multiple Targets 12th from the top
3.Scroll down to older videos on the tutorial listing
4.Do the Tutorial on Client Connections 2nd one down on the older videos listing
5.Do the Tutorial on Map "Battle Bar" 3rd one down on the older videos listing
6.Do the Tutorial on Combat 8th one down on the older videos listing.
[FONT=&quot]7.[/FONT]Do the Tutorial on [FONT=&quot]Multi-Stage Movement [/FONT][FONT=&quot]11th one down on the older videos listing[/FONT]
8.[FONT=&quot]If your charcter cast spells “PLEASE DO THE TUTORIAL ON SPELL SETUP”[/FONT]

Also make sure your are running the latest version of Java 1.6.?

Any questions or inquiries please send them to james1232@cox.net put new player wanted in the subject manner.

When you email me write me a small inroduction of yourself, what kind of gamer are you, what you expect from me, what you expect from the camppaign RPG likes and dislikes and general personal infromation also.

We will begin play with as little as 3 players, but no more than 6 players. This is on a first come first serve basis. The first ones to send me introductions that I like with be the players I pick.

Then I will send you server information, we will make sure you can connect to the software, and generate your character.

Grimslade –aka Jim

Last edited:

mrcomputer1990

First Post
im in..sorta

id love to join, but i think id perfer the 4ed rules, inever realy played with either but so far 4rf looks more simple, i never used your program b4 but i know how to use maptools well, if you still interested reply :D

Grimslade666

First Post
I haven't used 4th E, only skimmed over it. And klooge is a lot more advanced than map tools. Don't get me wrong Map tools is an excellent program and last time I checked still free.

I was hoping for a player more prefecient with the rules. If you email me I will keep you on file. We have acepted one Newbe so I guess we could take on two. you might want to go to this site The Hypertext d20 SRD (v3.5 d20 System Reference Document) :: d20srd.org and review the combat rules, and the rules that pertain to your character. You don't have to read the entire set of rules.

We still have two slots open. Maybe more, if players don't get their characters done this weekend or give me a day this week that they will have them done Im droping them and will move on to the next character application.

That's one thing I don't understand about online play. You post an ad and get several response from people saying that they are interested, but they never complete a character. Or worse you go to the troble of setting up a character with them, and then they drop with some lame excuse prior to the game. If you drop after a few sessions are played thats understandable. Maybe you don't like the way we play, or maybe it wasn't what you expected.

Grimslade

Epiphanis

First Post
"That's one thing I don't understand about online play. You post an ad and get several response from people saying that they are interested, but they never complete a character..."

Usually its a matter of impulsiveness v. realistic assessment of time commitments. There are a lot of gamers who want to play online games and impulsively sign up for them, then when they actually start thinking of what it will require of them they chicken out. I've done it once or twice myself, though mercifully not recently.

Take me foir example. I'm reasonably proficient in both D&D 3.5 and Klooge and have been hankering to take off my DM hat and play in a game from level 1. Unfortunately in my time zone (EST) your game would eat up most of my Saturday evenings, which is committed girlfriend/social time. If I were on the West Coast I'd sign up in a heartbeat, but, alas, I am not.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Similar issue with time zone (also EST) as above. I've been thinking about actually playing in a game ever since it became clear my scheme to make my current online game "rotating DM" so I could play a bit wasn't going to work out. But I'm not sure I could devote Saturday nights. I've never seen or heard of klooge, I'll check it out soon and if interested email you (the OP).

Any more details you can give? What books allowed? Any rough goals of how long, both in real time and game time / character levels, you expect the game to last? In other words, if the game won't go past level 10, that could drastically alter my character idea, for example. As for being a new DM, I could help you, I'm fairly proficient at the rules by now, though I'm also so accustomed to my own houserules I would likely confuse them for RAW at times.

Do you expect the players to also be fairly new to the game? I ask, because I do enjoy to power game and such, and if given free reign like to load up on variants and alternate class features, etc... If that would be distasteful to you or the group, I can scale it back and play a "normal" character, just tell me to do so beforehand. Unless character bios are really important to you, I don't mind filling a role no one else took after they all decide their characters and filling in backstory along the way to fit.

Grimslade666

First Post
I haven't limited anyone to any paticular set of books. But so far everyone picked a basic character from the core books. The only extra, one player asked to use the character varients from the D20 SRD. And I said yes. other than that they are all basic core characters. So basied on what the other players choose I would have to limit you on your choices to a basic character.

No, I was hopeing for more experienced players. However I did take one complete Newbe.

And to answer your question. I plan on playing to 25th level. At which time we will generate new characters and start again from 1st level. Im guessing it will take a year to reach 25th level.

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ok, I'll send you an email. If limited to core + SRD, I guess I'd be willing to play anything besides a meatshield/Fighter (Tome of Battle spoiled me :) ), with a preference on a caster. Oh, do you use point buy or stat rolling? If point buy, I could start working on the character before I even download Klooge.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads