D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 overrun confusion

Waldo

First Post
So to sum up a bit, and try to make this less complicated.

It is my current belief that if I charge and attempt to overrun opponent A, and A lets me by, then I can continue charging and attack B behind them, as long as B would have qualified for a charge if A hadn't been there. Even though that fairly explicitly breaks the rules of charge.

The only real question left then is: if A doesn't let me by and I knock him prone, can I still charge B?

My opinion is no, even if B would have qualified for a charge. I can still move as far as the remaining charge allows, but can't attack at the end. I'm at -2 AC.

Whaddaya think?!

Last edited:

Wippit Guud

First Post
Actually I would liek to correct myself... nowhere in the description of overrun does it say you get to attack again after you overrun someone... it only says you continue your move as normal.

Blame me for that, I'm doing this at work so I can get distracted.

Number47

First Post
I think if A lets you by, you may attempt to perform an overrun on B with charge bonuses, but I don't think you get to make a melee attack in any case.

Waldo

First Post
Number47 said:
I think if A lets you by, you may attempt to perform an overrun on B with charge bonuses, but I don't think you get to make a melee attack in any case.

I like that idea. Except: PH 3.5 pg 157, "You can make only one overrun attempt per round." I'm assuming "attempt" includes the overrun at A, even though he let you pass.

Curses....

Remove ads