D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 PHB Errata are up...

Li Shenron

Legend
I really think that changing what is clearly equipment into an ability, supernatural or else, it's quite poor design. It's possible that they made them into abilities to prevent characters to use the monster equipment after killing it: that is, a Solar's bow in the hand of a non-Solar is stripped of its best powers, which is fine for me but could have just been done with rules similar to weapons like the Holy Avenger for Paladins for example. Shapechanging into a Solar would also allow you to use a Solar's bow as a Solar really does.

On the other hand, I may even accept that the most powerful polymorphing spell in the game allows the caster to polymorph his own equipment as well to the standard equipment of the creature. But I would prefer not to.

Besides, a monster's standard equipment should raise its CR, but not its LA, otherwise it is assumes that a PC monster always has that equipment, which is kind of lame (btw, I am quite sure they dared to include Drow's poison arrows into the LA :rolleyes: ), while a supernatural abilities is counted into both. Both Solar and Balor anyway have no LA because they are not supposed to be playable at all, so it shouldn't be the case...

Last edited:

bensei

First Post
Yes. With these errata, the Impr. Overrun feat is even weaker compared to the Impr. Trip feat.
But at least my Rogue can now use a sap without a -4 on the attack role. :)

Bryce Baker

First Post
Am I the only one surprised to have not seen a revision of the 2nd-level Touch of Idiocy in the errata? A 2nd-level touch spell that drains d6 Int, Wis, and Cha with no save seems wildly overpowered to me.

Remove ads