• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Random Encounter Generator Just leveled up!

Nonei

Explorer
Very awesome - Thank you!!

Minor mistype noted: The first encounter I generated included an 11-headed Hydra, listed as CR 0.

TheOverlord

First Post
Pyro-Hydra and Cryo-Hydra

Very awesome - Thank you!!

Minor mistype noted: The first encounter I generated included an 11-headed Hydra, listed as CR 0.

Hydra appears to be one of the creatures I ended up duplicating. Some are in there as Hydra, 8-headed and others as 8-headed Hydra. The 8-headed don't have a CR as the CR in the monster manual is based on whether they are cryo, pyro or normal hydras. I will remove the duplicates but it does bring up the question of how I should handle cryo and pyro.

I can either just put entries in for all the hydras and types or I can make some type of template that will only be available if you have hydras selected. Does anyone have any preference? If not I will probably put the entries in since it will probably make more sense to the user than forcing people to know to look at templates to make a cryo hydra.

Remove ads