3.5 Vampires

paulewaug

I have Never been a fan of the Vampires level draining.
If I wanted to run an encounter using a Vampire and wanted the characters to loose a few levels I would just have some Wights or Spectres hang out with 'em.

I find the players that don't read thru the MM tend to like to rely on "what they know" from other things they have read, or of course learned "in game".
Less expreienced D&D players won't know Vamps would drain levels and would expect them to drink blood. It fits the profile and I like that.
Whn I want to through something Unexpected at them I make something up!
So that is "blah blah blah" for: "I'm all for it!"

I also like the DR changes, but I did play 1e so it is Not That weird for me...

Talath

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: 3.5 Vampires

Joshua Dyal said:

Gah! I need to pull up my 3e MM and compare the two. Also, gah because my mouth is burning -- I should know better than to add "Dave's Insanity Sauce" to this bowl of dirty rice!
FIREdevil.gif

Heh, um, what were you expecting when you add Dave's to anything? You silly man :p

I remember gaming at a friends house, and he is a hot sauce afficiando. And he had a bottle of dave's special reservers. So he puts 5 drops on a small piece of tortilla and I eat it. My friend, takes a small piece of tortilla and basically puts 1 drop on it.

Stupidest thing we ever did, but now we can eat spicy food without fear:)

Last edited:

Gothmog

First Post
Yep, I am really pleased with the 3.5 MM as well, its just so much more thorough and better organized. Not to mention the beefed up critters- I LOVE what they did with demons and devils. The standardized skill points and feats is also much appreciated.

Last edited:

I"m a bit of a hot sauce aficionado myself. Knowing this, my friend (named Dave -- he thought he was being pretty clever) gives me a bottle for my birthday one year. So, I break the thing open and put a little on my finger to try it out. That's the first time in years something's been so hot it literally made me lose my voice for a few minutes. ;)

Xael

First Post
If it's not too much of trouble, could you please tell us (me) what differences there are with 3.0 and 3.5 Vampire? Especially what is the damage reduction of those things?

LGodamus

First Post
Daves insanity sauce must be brewed in a friggin pit of hell...that stuff nearly blistered my tongue..I almost cried. and to bring this back on topice.....I bet a bottle of daves insanity sauce used as a grenade like weapon ala alch fire ....would probably kill a vampire:D

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Mmm... Dave's...
Haven't had any since I quit Boy Scouts, but it's really good stuff. It was practically a ritual to swallow a few drops up at summer camp. And, of course there was one moron every year who'd put some on his finger, lick it off, then wipe the tears from his eyes, or something equally inane.
So, vampires, right?

Demiurge out.

Arc

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Mmm... Dave's...
Haven't had any since I quit Boy Scouts, but it's really good stuff. It was practically a ritual to swallow a few drops up at summer camp. And, of course there was one moron every year who'd put some on his finger, lick it off, then wipe the tears from his eyes, or something equally inane.
That's why you had shooters filled with milk to act as emergency eye washes, right?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Arc said:

That's why you had shooters filled with milk to act as emergency eye washes, right?
Exactly!

And now, a post on topic! I much prefer WAR's vampire pic, but still, since vampires are supposed to be debonair, suave, socialite undead, don't the red eyes get in the way?

Demiurge out.

Remove ads