• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 vs. 3e?

I'll change over almost immediately (actually, implementing confirmed changes now), but the changes are realtively minor; I'm not sure my group will really notice that much :)

EarthsShadow

First Post
Arcana Unearthed

For me, I know I will get 3.5e but that will be after I get Monte Cook's new books, which is what I will probably run as it will be different enough to have many different options and yet similar enough to be recognized.

As for the changed I have seen, the new DR is totally confusing me now, but so far that's about it.

The group I DM for will be switching to the new 3.5 edition just as soon as we get the new books.

I was a little nervous at first but after hearing of all the changes I think it will be a good move.

Christian

Explorer
Very likely, I'll look at the updated SRD & see what I'm interested in implementing; if it looks like the answer is, "A lot," I'll probably buy the books. (No doubt, I'll buy them eventually anyway, but I'm not in any big rush.)

Shard O'Glase

First Post
EricNoah said:
It's going to be a tricky transition for me, if it happens at all. I'm now in 4 groups (DMing one, playing in 3). It's going to get real weird real fast if some groups want to change and others don't. A lot will depend on the level of computer support available on release and afterwards. Fortunately I've got so much material now that I could go another couple of years and then pick up 3.5 sometime down the road if I have the urge.

If you got a couple years worth of stuff jsut wait for 4e, I think they said its estimated date is 2006.

I think one of my groups won't change because right now we aren't even playing D&D. The other one, I can't see everyone going out and buying them soon. My experience with WotC has prompted me to wait untill 2nd printing, so I probably won't but till at leats a year from now anyway.

Bendris Noulg

First Post
DonAdam said:
My group and I will go through the books.

We'll keep what we like, change what we like.

We'll probably take a bunch of stuff in the new rules as inspiration for our own house rules (we have quite a few).
Ditto.

Davelozzi

Explorer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
I'll change over almost immediately (actually, implementing confirmed changes now), but the changes are realtively minor; I'm not sure my group will really notice that much :)

Same here. So far, I gave an extra feat to one player who had both Ambidexterity and Two Weapon Fighting, since it's looking like they're going to be combined like they are in d20 Modern.

I don't have any rangers or bards so it looks like my druid player will be most effected although I've alrady tweaked the spell list a bit anyway.

Rydac

Explorer
All the things I've heard so far are positive improvements IMO.
So I'll be switching over for the games I run immediately.....of course that is not to say I won't house rule something, but to date I like it all.....especially the new Damage Reduction.

Surefoot

First Post
The group im in will probably switch (if you would call it that) to 3.5 edition a little sooner than it comes out (if there are enough pieces to go by).

We'll be going from epic lvl 21 high magic faerun 3.0 to lvl 1 low magic [insert some not yet devised world here] 3.5.

Remove ads