D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5]Wooohhoooo ! spellcasters

Bauglir

First Post
Just a thought, but you could perhaps use Limited Wish as an entry-point into this class (since this spell allows the caster access to 5th or lower level divine spells).

Doing it this way you could have a Wiz13/Cler1/Theu6.

Giving up only one level of wizard progression for 4th level cleric spells. Not losing too much, but not gaining that much either.

At least until epic levels...

DreamChaser

Explorer
If a wizard (or sorcerer) uses limited wish to cast a divine spell, the spell is still an arcane spell. The spell being cast is (no matter what) limited wish. The EFFECT is that of any spell of 5th level or lower. The same is true of Anyspell (divine) and Wish (arcane).

There is nothing a wizard can do to make one of his spells divine rather than arcane. Same in reverse for cleric.

DC

Staffan

Legend
Aloïsius said:
This way, you meet the prerequisite at... 3rd level ! It's a record for a Prc, I think.
I'm told there's a PrC in Savage Species that a 1st level commoner can qualify for (level>highest save bonus or something like that).

Andion Isurand

First Post
This combined spellcaster PrC is way over the top.

I'm aware that multiclassed spellcasters could use a little help, but I'm against feeding them cheese.

I hope the wisdom of DMs ( novice & veteran alike ) will prevail and the use of this PrC will be condemned until the ideas used in its creation are all reconsidered and its mechanics completely redone.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

If I was forced to work with this class (God forbid), I would start by removing all its BAB advancement.

(( Just like the Suvivor PrC previously mentioned. ))

Last edited:

Skaros

First Post
Andion Isurand said:
This combined spellcaster PrC is way over the top.

I'm aware that multiclassed spellcasters could use a little help, but I'm against feeding them cheese.

I hope the wisdom of DMs ( novice & veteran alike ) will prevail and the use of this PrC will be condemned until the ideas used in its creation are all reconsidered and its mechanics completely redone.

I think its a good concept. What would you do differently? they will be 3 levels behind, and miss out on all other class benefits normally given to their original classes.....d8 hd, turn undead, 3/4 BAB, and spontaneous casting for cleric. familiar progression (yes, some people actually care), bonus feats for wizard...

I wouldn't have a problem with a player trying this one out in a game I DM. Certainly at early levels he won't see much benefit, and at higher levels he'll always be a spell level behind other casters.

-Skaros

Darklone

May I advice you to check the above shown discussion in General... there have been so many posts that it's not really worth to keep this discussion going here too :D

Remove ads