D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5]Wooohhoooo ! spellcasters

Aloïsius

First Post
Let think it's not some late april fool. How could we abuse this thing ? Hum... Spell domain from the FRCS ? It gives you anyspell as a level 3 domain spells, which allow you to cast 2nd level arcane spell prepared from a spellbook. This way, you meet the prerequisite at... 3rd level ! It's a record for a Prc, I think. May be you will need to take one level of wizard (since you need an arcane spellcaster level to increase), however.

Chun-tzu

First Post
Aloïsius said:
Let think it's not some late april fool. How could we abuse this thing ? Hum... Spell domain from the FRCS ? It gives you anyspell as a level 3 domain spells, which allow you to cast 2nd level arcane spell prepared from a spellbook. This way, you meet the prerequisite at... 3rd level !

But you're not casting the arcane spell itself, you're copying its effects with the divine spell, Anyspell. You don't need the standard INT requirements, but use WIS instead; you substitute your holy symbol for any noncostly material component. You're probably not hindered by arcane spell failure, either. I wouldn't count that as arcane spellcasting.

Aloïsius

First Post
Anyspell

Any spell allow you to read and prepare ant arcane spell of up to 2nd level. You must have an arcane magical writing (scroll or spellbook) on hand to cast anyspell. During the spell's 15-minute casting time, you can scan the spell available and choose one to read and prepare.

You prepare the spell, then cast it, and it is an arcane spell. Anyway, this was an exercise of recreative munchkinism.

RigaMortus

Explorer
Aloïsius said:
Let think it's not some late april fool. How could we abuse this thing ? Hum... Spell domain from the FRCS ? It gives you anyspell as a level 3 domain spells, which allow you to cast 2nd level arcane spell prepared from a spellbook. This way, you meet the prerequisite at... 3rd level ! It's a record for a Prc, I think. May be you will need to take one level of wizard (since you need an arcane spellcaster level to increase), however.

You can get Forsaker by level 2 using the OA Monk feat-swapping rules.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Aloïsius said:
You prepare the spell, then cast it, and it is an arcane spell. Anyway, this was an exercise of recreative munchkinism.

Why do you say it's an arcane spell? Wouldn't a magic missile so cast be a divine magic missile?

Aloïsius

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

Why do you say it's an arcane spell? Wouldn't a magic missile so cast be a divine magic missile?

I don't know. :confused: I did not remember anything in the faq or errata about this. Note that the problem has already appeared, with the hathran witch and dweomer keeper Prc.

Ratama

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

No, I think it would be an Arcane Magic Missle memorized from an Arcane spellbook or scroll.

The Little Raven

First Post
Anyspell is a 3rd-level divine spell. You would need to be a 5th-level cleric in order to cast that spell, so you wouldn't be able to enter the PrC until 6th-level.

Just like a Clr3/Wiz3, which would meet the same requirements.

Also, half the benefit of the class would be completely and utterly worthless with that 5th-level cleric... he has no arcane spellcasting class to add any spellcasting ability to, thus he gains only the divine spellcasting, and no other benefits.

This is not a powergamer class. Try evaluating these things a little more thoroughly before you starting spouting off.

Remove ads