D&D 3E/3.5 3.5's Legacy

Stormonu

Legend
I got poking around some old pictures I had, and ran across these two "gems" I'd made back a few years ago. Though I'd share them here and maybe kindle some fond anecdotes back from the d20 boom years.

Almost all the "generic" 3.5 books, designed for a desktop image:

DD35.jpg

3.5 and previous edition versions of the monster books:

MonsterEvolution.jpg

And a horrible attempt at humor:

dragongeezer.jpg

Now, for the "gaming" part:

What was your favorite 3.0/3.5 book, and why?

As you can probably guess, mine were the Monster Manuals - probably Fiend Folio being my most favorite.

Dandu

First Post
Fiendish Codex II from 3.5e, because it contains the Poison Healer feat that makes Fistbeard Beardfist possible.

Razjah

Explorer
I think Dungeonscape every time I read it I find something interesting to use as a player or GM. A close second would be Tome of Magic which I find awesome for introducing different magics to a low or no-magic world.

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Fiendish codex I, easily up there alongside 2e's Faces of Evil: The Fiends for best book on any of the D&D fiends. It both referenced the whole scope of previous development and lore on the Abyss, and likewise created both the Lloumara and Obyriths as new creatures. One of my favorite D&D books out there. Mona and Jacobs did a spectacular job with it.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
For me, it was the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer - it was probably one of the most in-depth guides to Greyhawk ever, and as someone who had a hard time getting into that campaign earlier (since most of the boxed sets were out of print and commensurately hard to find), I really appreciated it.

Dozen

First Post
Cityscape, for providing the basis for a homebrew class a player pestered me into writing, that in the end turned out to be my favourite.

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
For me, it was the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer - it was probably one of the most in-depth guides to Greyhawk ever, and as someone who had a hard time getting into that campaign earlier (since most of the boxed sets were out of print and commensurately hard to find), I really appreciated it.

As far as WotC books go, outside of the core three, the LGG was my favorite. Including third party books, I'd add in A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe. If I had to pare my 3.5 collection down to five books it would be: the core three, plus the LGG and MMS:WE.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Single favorite is tough. Among my favorites are the Players Handbook II, Unearthed Arcana, Oriental Adventures, and the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer.

Greg K

Legend
For WOTC products, it is either Fiendish Codex 1 or Unearthed Arcana.

For non-WOTC products, it is a toss up between Psychic's Handbook (Green Ronin), Shaman's Handbook (Green Ronin), and Witch's Handbook (Green Ronin). In my opinion, these are how class supplements should be done and they blow away anything from WOTC.

Running close behind are Advanced Bestiary (Green Ronin), Artificer's Handbook (Mystic Eye Games), Book of Fiends (Green Ronin), Book of Templates (Silverthorne/Goodman Games), Book of Iron Might (Malhavoc), Poisoncraft (Blue Devil Games)

Remove ads