D&D 3E/3.5 3 Spells in a round in 3.5 ...

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
The feat wouldn't work. It's a dragon feat (at least in 3.0), so unless he's a half-dragon, your archmage can't take it. Sorry to spoil yours dreams :(

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
John Q. Mayhem said:
The feat wouldn't work. It's a dragon feat (at least in 3.0), so unless he's a half-dragon, your archmage can't take it. Sorry to spoil yours dreams :(

Which feat?

Quicken SLA is a [General] feat in Book of Vile Darkness.

I don't have the ELH, so I don't know about Multispell.

-Hyp.

jgsugden

Legend
Hypersmurf said:
From the SRD:

"These vicious little predators lurk underground, grabbing whatever prey happens by. Its hands and feet have spiny pads that help the choker grip almost any surface."

No hands, huh?

You are refering to vague descriptive text. Hand can refer to the forepaw on the forelimb of any four-legged vertebrate (according to my dictionaries). For instance, a bear, a hampster and a deer all have hands. It does not always mean that the creature has a complete set of wrist, metacarpals, fingers and thumb. Would you allow a dear to use somatic components?

In the attack description it is listed as having tentacle attacks. This is game effective text. It should trump vague descriptive text. Further, they are described repeatedly as tentacles. For instance:

From the Monster Manual:
A choker's skull, spine and rib cage are bony, but its limbs are really tentacles with multiple joints of cartilage.

It seems clear to me that this creature was not intended to have a clear set of hands for manipulating tools or casting spells. Somatic components require measured and precise movements. Even the chokcer ilustration makes me think the creature lacks the hand structures necessary for spell castng. You are free to rule otherwise, but this is fairly clear to me.

Hypersmurf said:
Only one round? Huh?

-Hyp.

I should have said 'at least' one round. You can only change form once in a round. You will be in choker form during an oppoennt's attack phase.

Remove ads