• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.x Bucket List

I see a lot of votes for Ptolus. Where can one even purchase a hardcopy? I've seen the PDF available, and I'm curious if it's handier than the hardcopy simply because of search capabilities and portability.

eric mcloins

First Post
AFAIK, Ptolus is out of print, so you'll either have to hunt it down, or buy the pdf.

When it won the Ennies, I hoped they would reprint it and put out some more stuff, but no such luck.

Greg K

Legend
I'm listing three for players and three for DMs

Player:
Psychic's Handbook (Green Ronin)
Shaman's Handbook (Green Ronin)
Witch's Handbook (Green Ronin)

DM
Unearthed Arcana (WOTC)
Advanced Bestiary (Green Ronin)
Elements of Magic (EN Publishing)

Imperialus

Explorer
amaril said:
I see a lot of votes for Ptolus. Where can one even purchase a hardcopy? I've seen the PDF available, and I'm curious if it's handier than the hardcopy simply because of search capabilities and portability.

Plug for my FLGS here. Sentry Box should have two copies remaining under White Wolf. They're in Canada but they'll ship to the US. Its part number is 16114, and you can call them at 1-888-220-2121 (at least if you're in the US or Canada).

Sunderstone

First Post
My top 4 "want to do campaigns". I own em all already, but I recommend them to anyone bunkering in.

1) The Savage Tide
2) Castle Whiterock
3) Necromancer AP (various NG modules)
4) Shackled City HC

Last edited:

Flynn

First Post
Tome of Horrors Revised (Necromancer Games)
Unearthed Arcana (WOTC)
Advanced Bestiary (Green Ronin)

With Regards,
Flynn

Not necessarily the best books, but particularly good ones that I imagine will be particularly hard to find:

Bride of a Portable Hole: The Book of Neurotic Fantasy
Stronghold Builder's Guide
Book of Challenges

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Three is very hard to do so I'm picking three books that will be useful even after 4e comes out:

Ptolus
City of Brass boxed set
Living Greyhawk Gazeteer

Cheers

Richard

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads