• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

3D printing new minis?

MarauderX

Villager
I have a 3D printer and there have been a lot of miniatures made for printing. What printer are you using and what paint to get good results without too much hassle?

I didn't see any other similar threads on a search so merge as needed.

pogre

Adventurer
I have a friend print some 3d terrain for me. I have no idea what it is except it uses spools.

I use acrylics over Dupli-Color Sandable Automotive Primer
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/dupli-color-3391/chemicals---fluids-16461/paint---body-repair-16614/paint---primer-surfacers---lacquer-based-17756/09d72cfb8a99/dupli-color-12-ounce-white-sandable-spray-primer/dap1689/4268076

The acrylics I use are mostly Vallejo, but I also use some Reaper and Army Painter paints. The only strange thing I have noticed about 3d prints is that washes act differently on them.

Advertisement