3D Tools Reviews

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm starting a rather lengthy YouTube series comparing 3D mapping and 3D VTTs for your role playing games. The first video is an intro, with a few opinions on tools and their user interfaces.

I discuss the following tools (briefly):

Solasta, Flowscape, Tailspire, Realm Engine, Game Master Engine, Dungeon Alchemist, Wildshape.

Future videos will dive into each of them in more detail....and yes, two of those are mapping only, one is a video game, and the others are VTTs.

drl2

Explorer
Beta keys went out this week for the Dragon Map Maker kickstarter. I've only had a few minutes to play with it but in its initial state I couldn't even follow along with the demo video to figure out how to use it even at the fairly basic level of drawing out separate rooms. (There was an update almost immediately after release, which I haven't tried yet.)

I'm sure it will get better and the feature list is promising, but it's disappointing that they don't appear to have met the stretch goals for SF/modern biomes for those of us who don't do all fantasy all the time. They were the main reason I bought into the KS.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Beta keys went out this week for the Dragon Map Maker kickstarter. I've only had a few minutes to play with it but in its initial state I couldn't even follow along with the demo video to figure out how to use it even at the fairly basic level of drawing out separate rooms. (There was an update almost immediately after release, which I haven't tried yet.)

I'm sure it will get better and the feature list is promising, but it's disappointing that they don't appear to have met the stretch goals for SF/modern biomes for those of us who don't do all fantasy all the time. They were the main reason I bought into the KS.
Many of these have non fantasy assets. Maybe the next video will be about that....

Remove ads